Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dyer's Collection-Asian Mega Drive/Sega Dreamcast & Other Random Stuff!

Getta Robo

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Getta Robo
AG Join Date
Sep 29, 2008
Kickass addition @dyer60 . I presume it was a promotional cart for magazines and such?

Reactions: dyer60

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Cheers.

Possibly sent to mags but I think more likely used in stores to show what was coming soon.

Reactions: Getta Robo

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Added the Genesis version of Global Gladiators and picked up a cool Vidpro card as well:
spacer.png

• Love

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
...However there are a few that I own that I have only seen a handful of times and I picked up on the cheap. Rarity doesn’t also mean expensive in this case.

This is the truth. I'm more into records than gaming collections, and same applies. I've paid way over the odds for some singles that "should" go for $150-200, simply because it took me years to find them, and on the other hand, things that "should" be $1k-2k I've paid way less for...

BTW, your collection is awesome!

Reactions: dyer60

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks dude. Yeh it can be up and down in this collecting arena, tbh you win some and you lose some, I just judge the prices as I see them.

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Some of my NFS/Trial/Taikenban/Demo Discs:

WJrfjvw.jpg

6WjiaNY.jpg

arwNEao.jpg

Wvc1Nd1.jpg

WRznqRe.jpg

aEKie14.jpg

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Added a Mega Drive PAL Asian Lethal Enforcers pack:

iYr5gv6.jpg

msVL3YL.jpg

S99lhh7.jpg

This is very similar to the other Asian Konami releases standard Euro/PAL packaging and manual, Japanese shape cart with Japanese rear label.

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Nice to see that Cool Borders Burrrn! disc still after that one myself. I guess the content is the same as demo on the magazine disc & Dreamcast Extra?

I believe so although I haven’t compared!

Love the way some of the content is different from the final release on a lot of these discs.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Love the way some of the content is different from the final release on a lot of these discs.

What are some of the biggest differences you've noticed?

The DC somehow never ceases to surprise me, even though I've been collecting for it for like 18 years now. It's amazing the range of games it had for such a short-lived system.

Slayer2k8

Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
Cool Boarders Burrrn! has more advertising, more spectators & the start features a gate (unsure what the correct term actually is but winter sports enthusiasts will know what its called) i've added a picture. Why it was removed from the final released version is anyone's guess.
Also Tia was named in a competition held by UEP Systems & Dreamcast Magazine the winning entry was based on Tiara because she was a ski princess.
Even earlier footage of the game is found on other not for sale discs of when it was known simply as Cool Boarders DC and was based on what looks like and upgraded version of Cool Boarders arcade. This is unconfirmed but is very different to the released game.
dyer60 would it be possible if you could take a picture of the disc and allow me to use it on my site i'd give you full credit and a link to your site if you have one?

Attachments

• Cool Boarders trial.jpg
    Cool Boarders trial.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
Cool Boarders Burrrn! has more advertising, more spectators & the start features a gate (unsure what the correct term actually is but winter sports enthusiasts will know what its called) i've added a picture. Why it was removed from the final released version is anyone's guess.
Also Tia was named in a competition held by UEP Systems & Dreamcast Magazine the winning entry was based on Tiara because she was a ski princess.
Even earlier footage of the game is found on other not for sale discs of when it was known simply as Cool Boarders DC and was based on what looks like and upgraded version of Cool Boarders arcade. This is unconfirmed but is very different to the released game.
dyer60 would it be possible if you could take a picture of the disc and allow me to use it on my site i'd give you full credit and a link to your site if you have one?

Interesting, didn't know about those differences!

Here are some pics of the disc:

Slayer2k8

Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
dyer60, Thanks for the pictures i'll be re-writing my UEP System article and i'll use your picture and credit you do you have a website you want me to link to as well?

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
dyer60, Thanks for the pictures i'll be re-writing my UEP System article and i'll use your picture and credit you do you have a website you want me to link to as well?

No problem.

No website for me, so just crack on that’s fine.

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
A couple more Ozi Soft Silver releases, very happy to pick up Shinobi III:

spacer.png

dyer60

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
A few recent pick ups, Eternal Champions is one of my grails, it is a Scandinavian (Swedish) variant with different artwork and manual from the standard PAL release, Ren & Stimpy is a "Sample" promotional cover:

spacer.png

spacer.png
Nearly completed the Scandinavian subset!

spacer.png

Make a donation