Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

EPROMs , Acetone on the window destroy the chip ?

s8n

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
s8n
AG Join Date
hi guys , i have purchased some EPROMs from buyicnow to make a couple of MVS prototype carts (Ghostlop and Ironclad). I am still waiting for the chips to arrive and when i get them i want to try and authenticate each chip. I have seen the Acetone method to see if the markings on the chip come off , i am a bit worried about the window that it may fog up and destroy the chip is that true ?

chat soon

Tokimemofan

Registered
May 30, 2019
hi guys , i have purchased some EPROMs from buyicnow to make a couple of MVS prototype carts (Ghostlop and Ironclad). I am still waiting for the chips to arrive and when i get them i want to try and authenticate each chip. I have seen the Acetone method to see if the markings on the chip come off , i am a bit worried about the window that it may fog up and destroy the chip is that true ?

chat soon
The eprom window is typically made from quartz acetone won’t do a thing to it or the ceramic case. I would use a good magnifying glass and inspect the markings. I used to collect vintage cpu chips, every fake marking I have seen was obvious when compared to a similar legit chip, usually wrong font, printed on instead of ground in or contradictory part numbers. The fact that the window allows inspection of the silicon itself is also useful

Reactions: bond.san and s8n

s8n

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
s8n
AG Join Date
awesome reply Toki thanks for all the info. Now i have even more of an arsenal of knowledge which was not on the YT video i saw.

keep rockin mate

Make a donation