Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Extracting bin/cue files from CHD files - a tutorial :)

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

A few diff people asked me to make them burnable roles for disc based arcade games that had CHD files online. They were surprised to know you could extract the files from the CHD files using chdman.

So I made this. Feedback welcome :)

Reactions: einsteinx2

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Does this apply to SEGA Lindbergh CHDs as well ?

Or maybe Quake Arcade ?

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Don't know about Lindbergh (do they use optical media for storage?), but QA definitely has a HDD image inside. Of course, you could extract the files and burn them to a CD, but that's probably not what you wanted...

NB: CHD stands for "compressed hunks of data" and is what MAME uses for, well, basically anything that's not "a ROM", i.e. stored on a chip, be it a CD, HDD, DVD, what-have-you. No way to tell what's actually inside just by that extension. Think of it as a .zip.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
This applies to compact discs. You can certainly use it for dvd as well, but not for Naomi Dreamcast discs. Those are GD-ROM and you’d want to export them with a different method and extension. Same with HDD.

I’ll be covering those in separate videos. I didn’t want to do it all in one vid, would be too long for a simple tutorial. Plus for the future when people search “how to CD/GD/HDD” it’s easier for them to find the correct info :)

Make a donation