Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Extracting files from naomi cartridge game.

ccateni

Original poster
May 11, 2020
Hi,
I been posting this around the Naomi community for a friend who wants help cracking a prototype rom, and I was referred to this forum for help. So here's the deal.
I was trying to extract the files of the puyo puyo fever prototype zip from a Naomi carriage and the zip file comes with a bunch of .bin, .ipl, .bios, and .ic27 files. I want to extract them for the ost, but there's not a tool that works. If anyone can help that would be great.
Thanks

MetalliC

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
MetalliC
AG Join Date
is it a bit not trivial.
1) extract ic**s.bin files from zip, delete ic17s.bin and ic18s.bin (we don't need them at this point)
2) join all odd-numbered ic**s.bin files as file "1.bin", join all even-numbered files in file "2.bin"
3) word-wise (16-bit) unify 1.bin and 2.bin files (for example using WinHEX) in one file, and call it "track3.bin"
4) grab any GDI image, open .gdi file in text editor and change last line so it will become
3 45000 4 2048 track3.bin 0
5) open .gdi file using JC's "GD-ROM Explorer" tool and extract all files from HD area.

all the .ADX files is music/sound samples, in Yamaha ADPCM format, you may play or convert them for example using Foobar2000 player with vgmstream plugin.

PS: in general - ripping files from NAOMI dumps is game-specific, many of them uses ISO9660 file systems like Puyo Fever, others uses custom file systems, some uses no any filesystems at all.

ccateni

Original poster
May 11, 2020
Question: how do I merge the files for 1 and 2 bin, and how would I merge the file in WinHEX? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

VenPossum

May 11, 2020
Surprised to see the person who dumped the original prototype here lol.
How would you go about unifying the .bin files? I got the ic**.bin files joined by copying them over to a single .bin file using HxD for both odd and evens but I can't join them (WinHEX has a 200kb file size limit for the evaluation version)

ccateni

Original poster
May 11, 2020
edit: I had a WinHEX license and merged the files, its now completely extracted. Thanks again for the help. We are still wondering if there's a way to do it without winHEX.

MetalliC

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
MetalliC
AG Join Date
welcome.
We are still wondering if there's a way to do it without winHEX.
write small program for word-wise joining 2 files using whatever programming language you know
or try to google already existing free tool (I think they already exists),
depending what will be faster/easier for you.

Last edited:

Make a donation