Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Final Fantasy: Unlimited with U [ Undumped / lost mobile game? i-mode]

Vervexx

Original poster
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
Found this page while searching for Final Fantasy Mobile games for some reason.

Quote from the page:

Final Fantasy: Unlimited with U
is a 2002 Japan-only cellphone game that is an adaptation of the anime of the same name. It consists mostly of traditional RPG battles and assorted minigames, with the playable characters being the main characters of the TV series. [1]

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy:_Unlimited_with_U

Anyone knows If there's any way to play this game? Anyone ever played It? Was It archived in any way? Searched a bit but I can't seem to find anything.

Here are the screenshots included in the article :

Battle system :

FFU_Cellphone_Battle.jpg

Gameplay :

FFU_Cellphone_Gameplay.jpg

Reactions: Shademp

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Related topic: https://assemblergames.com/threads/project-i-mode-ezweb-to-preserve-the-dying-unpreservable.56933/ (I don't think we have a continuation of that one over here yet). TL;DR: The whole area of pre-Android cellphone game preservation is spotty at best. i-mode stuff probably even more so than all the western j2me-based shovelware due to the limited audience, and apparently it's harder to backup as well.

I for one would still like to get my hands on that J2ME version of Military Madness at some point... No luck so far.

Reactions: Vervexx

Vervexx

Original poster
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
Read the whole thread, pretty interesting stuff (quite the rabbit hole in fact), still, it left me with more questions than answers.

While there is some hope for some games at least, breaking the encryption seems to be quite a challenge. Pretty sure there might be a way to backup stuff but It would require someone with the skills, time, equipment, interest and funds to do it which I doubt there's a lot around. It's a shame some content will just disappear though.

I'll keep my eye open for Military Madness, we never know when something might pop up.

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Seems indeed hard to find...somtimes it mentions NAMCO...sometimes Square Enix...sometimes nothing, like in your link.

There are archives of j2me game (for example this one 2002-2005)...but there is only "Quest for Final Fanatsy" :

This blog has the 1st Final Fantasy j2me : (and hundreds of others)

- Final Fantasy VII Snowboarding

But enough...I guess you will have to browse / search all of those old j2me sites, if you havent done so already. :S

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pool7 and Vervexx

Vervexx

Original poster
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
I'm pretty sure this specific title is out of reach for the moment like many obscure games for really specific devices.

Too bad because It seems to be an anime tie-in exclusive.

I'll have to dig through these old phone games archives though, there seems to be many odd / fun / unknown titles.

Seeing the old bioshock phone game on this site brought back some memories from high school. ?

Thanks for sharing!

+1 for the nostalgia trip

Make a donation