Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Flatout 2 Mar 16 2006 (Press Build)

Alas, the day has come. This has been one of the most important items to me in my collection (as far as builds of games go). Flatout 2 is a game I needed during a tough time in my life and I adored it. I remember so many hours playing with friends and by myself. It was also one of my test games for low spec computer tests I did back when EEE PC's were a thing (remember those??). Pretty sure there's still a video on my channel from all those years ago doing exactly that.

When I found this disc I didn't think it would be anything too crazy, it's just a press build after all. What I got was something nowhere near ready, but just enough for the magazines to grab some screenshots for the articles. Looots of stuff is different including intro, texts, even the stats for the cars don't function properly. This ended up being a very interesting look into this games development.

So that was a while ago, I've had the disc for a few years keeping it as that one thing that I considered "special". I was thinking more discs would surface as with what normally happens with press builds and stuff, but nothing did. I got more and more people asking me to release it. The guilt started to build up. So finally I decided: As a tribute to one my favorite games from that time period, I would release this on it's North American 15th anniversay.

So here it is, Happy Birthday Flatout 2, you were way more fun then you had the right to be.

I'm sorry to pull an awbacon* but the Download Link is on my original video showing off the differences: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tse8BrNV2ng&t
*(No offense intended, you were the only example I could think of off the top of my head)

I will be uploading to Hidden Palace in a day or two as well.

pdzNm9y.jpg

If somehow could let me know the dump worked that would be great, I don't have access to my house at the moment to try it out... dumb relationship drama..(I literally had to ninja this disc out of my house to get it released on time, lmao. As for why the disc instead of my previous dump, it was way quicker to just take the disc then to get into my computer and all that)

Last edited:
Thank you! I've been waiting for the release for a long time.
I can confirm that the build works, at least on an emulator...

Truly one of the most epic build releases in awhile and a well deserved feature on our home page feed ;) Thank you speedyink!

Managed to find a cut car by messing around with the car IDs - from what I've tested so far it appears that only Street and Stunt class car ID's can be changed to 46 for this to work correctly. I couldn't find any name strings related to it, but design-wise bears a lot of similarities to the Nucleon:

And here's a comparison of the intro against the final version:

Truly one of the most epic build releases in awhile and a well deserved feature on our home page feed ;) Thank you speedyink!

Managed to find a cut car by messing around with the car IDs - from what I've tested so far it appears that only Street and Stunt class car ID's can be changed to 46 for this to work correctly. I couldn't find any name strings related to it, but design-wise bears a lot of similarities to the Nucleon:

And here's a comparison of the intro against the final version:

Glad you're looking into it deeper! Good find on the cut car!
Yeah the intro is completely different. I also found long load times between screens, this is normal even on the original disc

Having issues getting it uploaded to Hidden Palace, keep getting error messages.. Will try on some different browsers I guess. Anyone have any ideas?

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6