Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Found (some of) my old stash, and ended up here!

atease8

Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
Hi everyone! I was never particularly active back on the old site, but back in the days when I was an (admittedly awful!) writer about games for a living, I popped up from time to time to either buy some obscure bit of retro goodness, or figure out whatever the heck these things were that I'd been sent from PR folk.

Unfortunately a lot of my stash of goodies I recieved through my work from the late 90s until around 2010(ish) when I shifted career have sadly been lost during house moves. Or passed onto people I once knew who had a much more keen interest in that kind of thing. But as I'm due to move yet again quite soon, I stumbled across a few choice bits and pieces I'll likely be posting about. And more than likely - as it turns out moving halfway up England is quite expensive - trying to figure out if there's anything that others might be keen on laying their hands on!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and hopefully be able to indulge in this little hobby I've neglected for far too long! :)

Welcome to ObscureGamers atease8!

Don't worry about your writing, I'm still barely able to type normally, let alone sleep so I would class this as normal ?

Sad you lost some stuff, we're always willing to help people preserve stuff when needed. I'm not sure what part of the UK you're abouts but if needs be I'd be willing to loan some time to help you archive it properly to make sure nothing is lost/damaged/broken in shipping.

Hope to see you around!

Regards,
Damien

Reactions: atease8

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Welcome! Care to mention some magazine you wrote for? No need for your real name, just interested in what kind of magazines. :)

atease8

Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone!

Welcome! Care to mention some magazine you wrote for? No need for your real name, just interested in what kind of magazines. :)

A lot of what I did back in the day was web based, but there were still quite a few magazines mixed in with things! I've lost a lot of the cuttings I was storing as I've moved around, but off the top of my head I had bits and pieces published in the likes of PC Zone, Custom PC, 360 GAMER, Retro Gamer, Empire, PC Format, and a few more I can't remember the names of! PC Zone was always the one I wanted to have something in. Managed it not too long before it sadly disappeared.

Reactions: Arcadia

FREE_WORLD

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
davesandell
AG Join Date
October 2nd 2012
If you have a copy of the March 1999 PC Format - with demo CD I will bite your hand off for it!

Make a donation