Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Saturn Game Basic for Sega Saturn - rally prototype found?

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
I was recently looking through one of my old hard drives from the late '90s, and I managed to find what appears to be prototype footage of the "Vehicle" sample by Kuribayashi, which is powered by Game Basic for Sega Saturn. From what I can tell, video of v1.21 is available online, but this is clearly a much earlier build. Anyway, I've done what I can to preserve the quality of this material, so here is my upload:

Jackhead

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
Thanks for sharing! Is it a build or did you run this with code over a devkit? Because you say its from HDD.

Allie

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
That file on my hard drive is just pre-encoded footage in .avi format, likely downloaded from one of the last few Saturn websites still running at the very back end of the 1990s, though I've no idea of the exact source - this same archive also includes quite a lot of early Dreamcast promotional material, including a full backup of all the .mov videos Sega of America uploaded showing their newest console's launch titles, plus its first batch of adverts, which is how I was able to determine the approximate date. I would share the other material I've found as well, but everything else seems to already be available in much higher quality, so there isn't much point.

Slayer2k8

Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
I'd as well as many others would like to see the early Sega of America Dreamcast promotional material if you can upload it. Only early Western promo stuff i have is the Dreamcast promo disc CD which has some shots of the system and peripherals as well as some rather unexciting screen shots of European? launch titles.

Allie

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
I could upload all that Dreamcast promotional footage, but the gameplay clips I had separately (as low resolution QuickTime files) are now available in much higher quality than I'd ever be able to provide as part of this similar reel, also from Sega of America:

Actually, there are quite a few additional titles that aren't in my folder of downloads, so this is a much more complete source. How can you not love those very early versions of "Project Metropolis" and Shenmue, especially since the latter has elements from its sequel as well?

Last edited:

Blai

Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
Thanks for the video

Make a donation