Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Gameboy Advance TS2 Board

speedyink

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
Here's a look at a Gameboy Advance TS2 board, or Testing Station 2 is what the general consensus is to what we think it means. This is an early prototype board that was sent to some developers to get their games off the ground before the board designers at Nintendo finished shrinking it down. I have some pictures of the unit too, if people want those posted just ask.

speedyink

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
Oh yeah.....Pictures. I wanted to keep this at full resolution so...sorry slow internet users.

Testing polarity to help identify proper power adapter (Super Famicom if you're wondering)
fljblEX.jpg

Little bit of shrinking to go...Fun fact: The case designers at Nintendo were surprised that the circuit board designers were able to shrink the board enough to fit inside their design.
gm3bOyO.jpg

Screen comparison with final
NzK1Vjl.jpg

1Pfc4YZ.jpg

Reactions: ds2

speedyink

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
Board pics! Wish I took some real close up ones when I had it, but oh well.

X4RP6Rj.jpg

lJsVEG5.jpg

koHu6zi.jpg

8f6UBcj.jpg

This last one was edited to even out the exposure across the shot (In case you're wondering why it looks a little..unnatural)
BykLmqy.jpg

Reactions: ds2

Ergot

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Ergot_Cholera
AG Join Date
Aug 2, 2012
Where do you get things like this??

Vindios

Donator
Donator
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£20.00
AGName
Vindios
AG Join Date
Apr 12, 2019
This is one of those things I never knew about and now I want to find one for myself. Such a neat piece of Nintendo history for there massive handheld market.

Make a donation