Synnett

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Synnett
AG Join Date
July 18, 2016
I own a complete Gamecube controller collection (27/27) and a few other related things. The two keyboard controllers are not first party so they don't count, but they do use mostly oem parts (sticks, buttons and pads, triggers)

I have three holy grails in there:
- Gundam Wavebird (1/1000) top shelf on the left.
- Prototype controller on the top shelf
- Crystal White controller (1/150) bottom shelf on the front.

Last edited:

Synnett

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Synnett
AG Join Date
July 18, 2016
I also have a few Hotel controllers, which were used for the pay-by-play services in some hotels around the world.

Lodgenet controller in its original packaging, out of the plastic bag. It also came with a small stand, which is kinda rare. The hardware was made by Hori. RJ11 plug.
20190614_001439_HDR.jpg20190614_001451_HDR.jpg

20190528_165711_HDR.jpg
NXTV usb controller. Apparently those were never used and just sat in some warehouse for over a decade. I got two, one of them still sealed in that brown box. My computer detects the hardware but I haven't tried to set the driver yet... All official parts apart from the cable. They are all black.

20190614_000229_HDR.jpg
Japanese hotel controller. All official parts in there, came in official japanese boxes so probably made by Mitsumi. The sticker says "North 2" which I assume is the number of the room it was used in. I have a sealed one coming in the mail so I'll post it then. Black and Platinum variants were made I believe. RJ11 plug.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I am familiar with all of these except for the clear one and the hotel ones. Pretty awesome collection!

My personal favorite is the light green one. I always wanted the gamecube that goes with it :)

Thepokémask

May 23, 2019
AGName
Thepokemask
AG Join Date
Aug 25, 2014
The LodgeNet and keyboard controllers in the box are really cool thank you for sharing this!

Last edited:
Reactions: Synnett

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
So I'm guessing you have enough controllers for smash

Drain You

Registered
Jul 14, 2019
AGName
Drain You
AG Join Date
April 1, 2014
Before I clicked I knew I was going to see a Gundam Wavebird and be so jealous haha. Is the case for the proto controller custom?

Solotaire

Registered
May 30, 2019
Is the mint controller available outside the Symphonia bundle? Great looking display!

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Before I clicked I knew I was going to see a Gundam Wavebird and be so jealous haha. Is the case for the proto controller custom?
I'm 90% sure the stands are from rose colored gaming. Maybe the case is too?

Is the mint controller available outside the Symphonia bundle? Great looking display!

Only came with the bundle

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
The surprise twist would be if Syynett doesnt have a gamecube

Hokusai

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 9, 2019
I am collecting Gamecube controllers too and your collection is awesome, congratulations.

When did you buy your prototype controller ?
Also, did you buy a complete Final Fantasy bundle in order to get the controller ?

Nintendo4Life

Feb 11, 2020
AGName
Nintendo4Life
AG Join Date
11/02/2020
Very cool controller collection. I'm a little jealous.. Especially on the Gundam wavebird and the hotel controllers ? (I only own the lodgenet from those) That prototype controller looks different than the ones I got. (I have the ds4 and ds5) Did you know how many different variations there are?

Synnett

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Synnett
AG Join Date
July 18, 2016
Oh lawd I missed a few messages here my bad.

So I'm guessing you have enough controllers for smash
I have a dedicated controller for Smash, and yep I've more than enough lmao
IMG_20200227_001351.jpg

It's actually a Baseball memorabilia case I got at Michaels. https://www.michaels.com/baseball-photo-display-case-by-studio-decor/10324369.html

It's a tad bit too small so I'll get something custom eventually.
Thanks :) It was only available with the bundle but it was released both in Japan and France (for some reason).

I see your mic, but do you have the plastic clip holder?
It's right on the Hanshin Tiger's controller.

The surprise twist would be if Syynett doesnt have a gamecube
I have one, it's on the floor and it can barely read discs anymore. I never really cared about owning consoles, they take too much space and they're too expensive... but I use mine to play.

I am collecting Gamecube controllers too and your collection is awesome, congratulations.

When did you buy your prototype controller ?
Also, did you buy a complete Final Fantasy bundle in order to get the controller ?
Both appeared on eBay - I don't have any connections so I had to be patient to collect everything. And the Crystal White appeared loose, I got very lucky there

Very cool controller collection. I'm a little jealous.. Especially on the Gundam wavebird and the hotel controllers ? (I only own the lodgenet from those) That prototype controller looks different than the ones I got. (I have the ds4 and ds5) Did you know how many different variations there are?
I made a list of all the variations here, that covers everything I've seen.

Last edited:

Synnett

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Synnett
AG Join Date
July 18, 2016
Got a few new things.

McDonald's station controller clamp. I've got the official GC demo stand clamp coming in the mail soon.
ESOAY57XUAAnwqC

Bongos and Dancepad. Finally decided to buy those.
EUnaPCpXYAE2sg2

And my now favourite piece, an error. Indigo shell painted Platinum.
EO1ruiyWsAEpFKW
EO1rt8TX4AI34x4

I also got new boxes for the Platinum and Club Nintendo controllers but that's not worth a picture lol

Reactions: Arcadia and Pinta77

Synnett

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Synnett
AG Join Date
July 18, 2016
I got the Nintendo demo stand clamp woo
IMG_20200402_1418372.jpg

Last edited:

Synnett

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Synnett
AG Join Date
July 18, 2016
I got those two promo WaveBird posters.

EVGci3mU0AA52RU
EVGcfcKUEAYNGef

Also something I've been looking for for about 5 years, this elusive picture.

DOL-004_Char Aznable.jpg

I had a small square from IGN showing the bottom left corner of this and I just could not find the original. Well I saw a japanese dude on twitter post a timeline of the release of the GameCube controllers, and it had a small version of it on the image. I contacted the guy, he gave me this picture and I found the original promotion. You can see it in all its glory here.

Nothing physical but I'm super happy. I'll get the picture restored since it got jpeg'd since 2005, then I'll print it.

Reactions: Pinta77

Synnett

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Synnett
AG Join Date
July 18, 2016
I've got a lot of new stuff:

First are those funky boards from Japan. No shell, just the internals with a telephone plug. I'm pretty sure they're the same as the JP hotel controllers above.
IMG_20200616_1247492.jpgIMG_20200616_1248122.jpg

Then I've got this demo/display controller from the Netherlands. There's a hole in the back shell, and the cord is passed through there in a metal coil thing. And there's a screw glued into the original hole. Not sure who made these, but it's interesting as those controllers are Pearl Whites, never released as standalone versions.
DSC00483.png

Then I've got another error, a Jet Black back shell painted Platinum this time.
EbuP6W4WAAA_KVg.jpgEbuP7MsWoAEwimg.jpg

I'm also working on fully documenting the GameCube controller, for which I made a website. I have a list of all the prototypes known on there, and the release dates and retail prices of all the GameCube controllers in every region. I'm also working on documenting all the internals variations, which will be done soon.

https://controllerlibrary.wordpress.com/

Come take a look, it's free lol

Reactions: mungo and Seifus

mungo

Jan 30, 2022
Absolutely awesome work done on the website, all of the documentation for early controller revision is a great read. (y)

Make a donation