sonik

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
Interesting. Data needs to be in low density area then?

megavolt85

DreamShell Developer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dc-swat.ru
AG User Name
megavolt85
AG Join Date
GDMENU mount low density as directory cd, high density as directory gd
list.ini find only in cd

megavolt85

DreamShell Developer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dc-swat.ru
AG User Name
megavolt85
AG Join Date
@sonik you are reading my thoughts, I have long wanted to suggest switching to gdi for GDMENU
this will allow you to easily change themes and you can create a combined GDMENU + codebreaker image

sonik

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
Cool!
I'm changing it to GDI in my GDMenuCardManager app

Anthony817

Registered
Registered
Community Contributor
Reaction score
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
@sonik you are reading my thoughts, I have long wanted to suggest switching to gdi for GDMENU
this will allow you to easily change themes and you can create a combined GDMENU + codebreaker image

Wait, how would that work vs the way it is in .CDI? Just curious how making it in .GDI will allow us to have a combined image with codebreaker? How is this possible as one format over the other? Just really curious. I think you know myself and many others over the years have long wanted codebreaker support in GDMENU. That would be such a dream come true if this could happen. ;)

Edit: Ok I think I understand now after reading this post again.

GDMENU mount low density as directory cd, high density as directory gd
list.ini find only in cd

So basically the GDMENU would be in the low density part of the disc, while the Codebreaker would be in the high density part? This in effect would allow the Codebreaker to always load after we make our game selection in GDMENU thus allowing us to add any codes we wanted right?

megavolt85

DreamShell Developer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dc-swat.ru
AG User Name
megavolt85
AG Join Date
@Anthony817 no, this is not the same as what you saw in the screenshots of the unreleased version of neirocaid
I am constantly bothered by the first item of GDMENU, why launch the menu from the menu
1) we will change the name in IP.BIN to CodeBreaker
2) I will change the GDMENU code so that it would consider the first image as a native codebreaker disk
3) I will make a GDI image with GDMENU and codebreaker

codebreaker will be in track03, GDMENU in track04 for quick replacement so that you can update the theme without rebuilding the image, and list.ini will be in track01

Anthony817

Registered
Registered
Community Contributor
Reaction score
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Oh yes I figured it would not be like how neuroacids built in menu was going to be. I know expecting that is not really so easy. But the way you explain it to be done using the actual codebreaker disc menu sounds like a much needed alternative for it. Man I just want to say, you are really on a roll already this year. If 2020 was great for Dreamcast, I can't wait to see the stuff you have planned for this year.

sonik

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
Menu worked with list in track01! Yay!
When updating track01 the start address still needs to be updated in the gdi file right?

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
Menu worked with list in track01! Yay!
When updating track01 the start address still needs to be updated in the gdi file right?
As long as some zero padding is made in advance, there should be no need to move the tracks around. Just rebuild the wanted track and merge the TOC, or directly edit track03 TOC to inject the new file size.