Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast gdi shrink problems

Bochi

Original poster
May 31, 2019
Hi guys I'm trying to shrink my gdi images to use them with my gdemu but when I run the python script it says the images have been shrunked but when I check the sizes it's the same size it originally had.

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
Hi guys I'm trying to shrink my gdi images to use them with my gdemu but when I run the python script it says the images have been shrunked but when I check the sizes it's the same size it originally had.
Some games don't compress much. Have you checked the exact file size? At least, the .bin files should be converted to iso.

The output of the program would help.

Greenelfo

Jan 29, 2020

I had this problem too, however I managed to determine why it was happening.

Make sure your gditools master folder with the python tools files and game image is not exceeding the windows 256 character file/path length limitation otherwise some games won't shrink.

Best way to test is to place GDI tools master files folder on the root of your hard drive, like C:\gdi tools master for example, then ensure your game folder and filename length do not exceed the 256 character limit for the .gdi image files directory.

Some .GDI filenames were considerably long so you can also try shortening them first to shrink then rename them back after.

Example of a path exceeding 256/260 characters.

C:\users\public\that users folder\some really ridiculously long as file path\games of various sizes and names exceeding the windows file path limitation\gdi tools master\my game directory\game which has a long filename and folder path.gdi

Last edited:

Make a donation