Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Gran Turismo 4 Chinese Review copy layerbreak????????

kozarovv

Jun 21, 2020
From EE dump it looks like code for loading that is coming directly from game, so for sure this can be at least patched ingame to load from mc0: instead of rom2: . Not sure that FNTHANCH (that's loaded first) and GB18030 can be replaced by other files, but for sure can be forced to load from different location. But to be honest is not worth patching per game, better will be include something like that for all (19?) SCCS games, in form of FMCB, or at least homebrew/OPL hook. This seems to not be really hard to do.
Sadly i can't help here more than i already did. For sure doable, but we need some magican from ps2 scene to implement it.

I can confirm that at least Ape Escape 2 rely on those fonts, not only in term of loading, but also really use them. I'm not familiar enough with BIG5, or GB18030 to tell they are replaceable by each self. Probably it will load, but use wrong characters.

Reactions: SONIC3D and Goodman

Goodman

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Sep 3, 2019
Donations
£46.00
From EE dump it looks like code for loading that is coming directly from game, so for sure this can be at least patched ingame to load from mc0: instead of rom2: . Not sure that FNTHANCH (that's loaded first) and GB18030 can be replaced by other files, but for sure can be forced to load from different location. But to be honest is not worth patching per game, better will be include something like that for all (19?) SCCS games, in form of FMCB, or at least homebrew/OPL hook. This seems to not be really hard to do.
Sadly i can't help here more than i already did. For sure doable, but we need some magican from ps2 scene to implement it.

I can confirm that at least Ape Escape 2 rely on those fonts, not only in term of loading, but also really use them. I'm not familiar enough with BIG5, or GB18030 to tell they are replaceable by each self. Probably it will load, but use wrong characters.
I will find to replace some of this files that has the locked screen to bypass.
Sure i will check it and if it works, i will upload it here :)

Reactions: SONIC3D

Goodman

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Sep 3, 2019
Donations
£46.00
Nothing with iso file, but with free mcboot usbutil2.2 English, ioprp300.img can be patched and unfortunatily does not work on another ps2 console. i'll try these days more if can be bypass Chinese intro.

Make a donation