Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
Was going to ask Demon about this as i thought it was a good idea. You need one trusted person (Demon) to start a topic to raise cash for a disc on ebay . If you get the cash in time before it ends the content gets released on the site. I think its a perfect idea. What do you guys think ?
These have been on ebay for sometime now and not sold. These are the kind of things a group buy could get:

Reply bellow if you think its a good or bad idea.

Last edited:

GamingLegend64

Registered
May 31, 2019
I think it’s a great idea. I’d like to also add another idea to this too. Once the game is released, Demon can do a randomizer with the names of everyone who pitched in, and whoever's name gets picked, that person keeps the original disc. Then you enter into the drawing for every $5 you donate. Something along the lines of that.

Thoughts?

It's an idea for sure, I'd have to sort some bits out to accept payments but see no issue. We could do as Andrew stated and pick a random name to keep the disk/item or could donate it to a museum or something meaning that disk would be safe.

My only concern is it would be resold for profit, but I have no problems with what users decide long as it's safe. :)

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
If people are interested sure, it could be a good idea. I'm sure some people are. However personally, I'm not really interested in a guitar hero beta

Reactions: Edward_2452

Dans34

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
hmm this gets my vote , im down for doing such a thing

Vindios

Donator
Donator
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£20.00
AGName
Vindios
AG Join Date
Apr 12, 2019
I like this idea, it gives the possibility for people who might not be able to afford these to get them.

kabojnk

Insert Title Here
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Feb 3, 2019
Donations
£126.57
I would be down for some group buys to help get more stuff dumped. Not really into the Hero or Dance games so much though.

TrashRBPlayer

Donator
Donator
Feb 9, 2019
I'd help towards games that I have an interest in. Budget is pretty tight.

It's worth noting that these discs may not be worth going for specially, they're VERY close to final for the price, but it's a really nice idea otherwise provided everyone is comfortable with it.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Hey, I mean I'm definently down to help with some group buys when you put it that way. If it helps and if everyone is down with the idea, I can afford to help. But how is it going to work out? We're going to be paying to get the Rom public?

x1z36x

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
Xzx123
AG Join Date
Mar 19, 2013
While I don't know how many sellers of these kinds of things actively monitor forums and the like, it is probably best for any sort of fundraising to be done quietly. If a seller finds out that their potential buyer is actually a confederacy of buyers pooling funds together, they will quite possibly try to get even more money out of their item, or otherwise hold firm on their already too high of a price. If a properly listed item has been sitting on ebay for a long time with no takers, it is safe to say that it is overpriced for the current market.

Donors for pig-in-the-poke prototypes should also be sure to understand the risk of donating for data that turns out to be final, altered final, or very near final. At least if someone buys the disc/cart itself they have an interesting trinket for their collection, even if the data held on it is no more, or barely more, interesting than the retail game.

It is certainly good to pool funds together for interesting, expensive items, but I think that care needs to be taken to not let good intentions result in ballooning prices and disappointed donors.

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
example , I have DreamCast SoulCalibur 80% ver
can I ask $1500 ppl group pay to me to public?
some people thing it much , but 1ppl pay $300 , 5ppl already can go...
of coz may be 1 or 2 guy want own the "DISC" so what should we do ?can I ask after group pay, plus $500 for own the disc ?

Last edited:

Edward_2452

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
I think, have a max price so nothing over £250 . Disc shouldn't cost that much anyway.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Dans34

Make a donation