Dreamcast Half-Life Dreamcast mods mega pack

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
This is an archive of ALL released versions of the unreleased(oxymoron?) Dreamcast version of Half-Life and it's total conversion mods. Since certain sites went down you can't find these anymore on the net out in the open. I also included the recently released beta GDI. This archive is over 3gb large, so I recommend something like the Mega sync app to download unless you want to leave the download tab opened for a long time if a free user.

Code:
                    ::  M O O N L i G H T  i N  2 0 1 7  ::
  ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ[ P R O U D L Y  P R E S E N T S ]ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
  ³                  Half-Life_Mega_Mod_Pack_DC-MOONLiGHT                   ³
ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
º System........: Sega Dreamcast     ³    Filenames.......: N/A             º
º Origin........: Region Free        ³    Parts count.....: N/A             º
º Release date..: 2017-03-19         ³    Total size......: 2,75ÿGB         º
º Store date....: N/A                ³    Image format....: DiscJuggler     º
ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
  ³ Languages....: English                                                  ³
  ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ

ÚÄ[ RELEASE NOTES ]ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
º This pack contains all Half-Life mods released for the Sega Dreamcast.    º
º It was first released by atreyu187 on AssemblerGames, but was updated     º
º to include all Half-Life mods available at this time for the Dreamcast.   º
º                                                                           º
º Contents (see additional notes below for more information):               º
º  - 007 Golden Eye *DEMO*                                                  º
º  - Black Ops: Black Operations *R1*                                       º
º  - Blue Shift *STANDALONE*                                                º
º  - Counter-Strike                                                         º
º  - Counter-Strike: Condition Zero *BETA*                                  º
º  - Grunt                                                                  º
º  - Gunman Chronicles                                                      º
º  - Half-Life                                                              º
º  - Opposing Force *ALPHA*                                                 º
º  - Paranoia                                                               º
º  - Redux *PROTOTYPE*                                                      º
º  - They Hunger: Trilogy                                                   º
º  - U.S.S. Darkstar *BETA*                                                 º
º All games includes covers. Some of them are exclusive to that pack!       º
º Enjoy,                                                                    º
º                                                             - MOONLiGHT
º
  ÚÄ[ GREETiNGS ]ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
º                               Thanks to...                                º
º        atreyu187, Dreammatrix, OVERRiDE, CSDC Dev Team, Evil Wesker       º
º      DCRES, MUDS, Xanadu, Otoc, DreamAgain, BuZZeR, Paranoia Dev Team,    º
º              Theuaredead, DEPROGRAMMER and all covers authors!            º
º                Sorry if you're missing from that big list!                º

ÚÄ[ FiNAL NOTES ]ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
º                       "In the game since so long?!"                       º
   MOONLiGHT / Since '05                                              <eof>

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!OQNy2A4Q!McJPfE4qQPSN9JroPlsLjwaw5tlODs_k1thq1f1nPQc

NOTE: There are extra mods on the Opposing Force game disc that you can access with a keyboard plugged into your Dreamcast!

Games: Assault on Roswell, Project Xeno 1 e 2, Mission Failed, Mission no Mercy , Peace Like Us,
Adam, Etc 1 e 2, The chalenger deep , Chaos Theory, Timeline, Gut Reaction and Opposing Force.

Console comands: "~" to activate the console
map xxx => level select
give item_heavsuit=>suit
give weapon_shotgun or 9mmar/gauss/crowbar/etc =>gun
noclip => walls
god=>invincibility

Maps Sequence:

Opposing Force:
Map sequence: of1a1, of1a2, of1a3, of1a4, ofxax, ...
Its a edited version realesead for the sega dreamcast!
(95% complete)

Mission Failed:
Map sequence: intro,map01,map02,map03,...,map14

Adam:
Start: keyboard "map level1"
Maps:
level1,level2,level2a,level2b,level3,...,level12

Asault on Roswell:
Start: keyboard "map assault"
Maps: ah1a.ah1a2,ah1b,ah1b2,ah1c,ah1c2,ah1c3,...,ah1c9,ah1d,ah1d2,ah1e1,ah1e2,ah1e3

Xeno project 1 and 2:
Start: Ativate the console and type map w1(game-xeno1) ou map xeno2(game-xeno2 em seguida map x1)
Maps:
Xeno1=> w1,w2,w3,...,w15
Xeno2=> xeno2,x1,x2,x3,..,x13

The Chalenger Deep:
Start: map cd_beg_1
Maps:
cd_beg_1,pre_cd_1,pre_cd_2,pre_cd,pre_cd2,precd3,cd_4a,cd_4b,cd_4c,cd_5,cd_6,...,cd_44

Etc:
Start: map etc0a(etc1) and map etc2a(etc2)
Maps:
Etc 1 => etc0a,etc0b,etc0b2,etc0c,etc0c2,etc0d,etc0e
Etc 2 => etc2a,etc2a2,etc2a3b,etc2b2,etc2c,etc2c2,etcc2b,etc2c3.etccine,etc2d3,etc2,etc2f1

Mission no Mercy:
Start: map newsp1
Maps: newsp0,newsp1,newsp2,..,newsp6

Peace like Us:
Start: map KS_1
Maps: KS_1,KS_2,...,KS_9

Timeline:
Start: map timebase1
Maps:
Timeline1=>timebase1,timebase2,.......

Chaos teory:
Start: map chaos
Maps: chaos, ...

Virtual Reality Mod:
Start: map vrintro
maps: vrintro, vr1 (007map), vr2, vr3, ..

Gut Reaction:
Start: map start
Maps: start, drainage, coremain, ...

Last edited:

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Oh the files were looked at and compared and there was actually no change to the audio like we had speculated. I had a friend of mine go through that build with a fine toothed comb who is way more into Half-Life than even myself and I consider myself a pretty huge fan. Only major thing was that a part of a single level was designed somewhat differently in that build and the later dated release from back in 2003.

Also, I should mention there were some other modded builds of the vanilla game with both the DC models and textures swapped out for the PC, and also PS2 versions. The version with the PC models ran much better due to the lower quality assets, and as expected the PS2 assets struggled a bit more on the Dreamcast.

Unfortunately I do not have those but I remember somebody working on and relasing those versions like 5 years back or so. This was before I got into archiving Dreamcast games so like an idiot I never backed them up at the time. I have no idea where the disc's were either. So Until somebody can speak up that remembers those modded versions they are not included in this pack. Only thing I added to the original Moonlight release was the earlier dated beta release Laurent had found and dumped for us.

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
there was actually no change to the audio like we had speculated
That's odd, as I believe one of the groups that did the 2003 release mentioned that they downsampled the audio?

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Wow Laurent nice find! Any reason for the owner wanting to show it off and not release? Just flexing? Also this makes me wonder if this is the fabled lost Katana build that was worked on before they decided to go with Windows CE If so it could have vastly better performance.

That's odd, as I believe one of the groups that did the 2003 release mentioned that they downsampled the audio?

Ah not sure I mean it could be possible but they had all that extra space on the disc to use if they were gonna downsample anything. All I am saying is if they had the full use of up to 700mb of disc space on a standard cdr, why not use more than 150mb or so?

All we need to do is to shrink the gdi to see how large it is without the padded files.

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
but they had all that extra space on the disc
For that you must remember that internet was a different beast back then and most people still had slow (and expensive) dial-up connections.

I'll probably get around to looking at the files later myself.

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
For that you must remember that internet was a different beast back then and most people still had slow (and expensive) dial-up connections.

I remember downloading a single compressed game in cdi format over days using a download manager to be able to pause and restart the download, because I had to "close" the internet so people at home could use the phone (dialup).

It was really a different world back then. Even "high speed" Internet wasn't much more than 56k in practice, I think my first DSL connection was like 0.25Mbps, or 32 kB/s max; maybe less, on a good day. Better than the like 4kB/s you could expect with 56kbps, but still very slow for downloading anything close to a gigabyte. And there was small data caps as well.

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Yeah, hell even in 2005 I was on dialup until we got on DSL in 2006. That was a huge jump for us. My 200MB's connection I am on now feels like magic and that isn't even the fastest connection out there today. So what you say about the file size being so small due to internet speeds back then is true as well. But if a group was releasing an unreleased beta game, you would hope the master copy would have originaly been released. But the one that Laurent shared previosuly is in this pack so comparing with the cdr release should let us know if it really is downsampled or not.

Reactions: Americandad

Sega Dreamcast Info

Registered
May 30, 2019
Wow Laurent nice find! Any reason for the owner wanting to show it off and not release? Just flexing? Also this makes me wonder if this is the fabled lost Katana build that was worked on before they decided to go with Windows CE If so it could have vastly better performance.

The owner was a video game communications manager for his country. He received it from the hands of the Manager of Sierra as a gift to bind their friendship. I proposed to make km to come to the dump where to send the material to him to do it. He doesn't want to get involved and promise a release.

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Ah I see. Damn, well hopefully some day it will be available to the community. I am interested in seeing video footage of it at least and if we can know if it is the earlier Katana build or Windows CE. Thanks for elaborating further.

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011

I looked at the files and there's a 1 MB difference uncompressed and 4 MB difference when compressed with 7zip. I guess they lied or maybe the first release really was downsampled while the second one wasn't.
Either way, doesn't seem to be a difference in audio quality between DCRES release and Laurent's GDR.

Reactions: Anthony817

Sega Dreamcast Info

Registered
May 30, 2019
I need to know what you could do with HL if it weren't for windows / Ce, detail !!!

I'll try again and argue about it.

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
I need to know what you could do with HL if it weren't for windows / Ce, detail !!!

I'll try again and argue about it.
I think the general impression that some people have (myself included) is that Windows CE uses up precious resources that could be better spent if the game in question was programmed natively.

Reactions: Anthony817

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Yes that is exactly the idea. Supposedly before Gearbox took over, the company called Captivation Digital Laboratories was in charge of this game. They apparently weren't working fast enough, so a quick Windows CE port was decided to be made. Gearbox was supposedly only handling the remastered content, and Captivation was handling the actual engine code and the overall port. After it was given to Gearbox they did a fast port. So this is why with the more HD content Gearbox had made, that on top of a Windows CE port uses up more memory as WinCE ports are wont to do. So performance isn't exactly the best, or all it could have been. It did make modding the game way easier though than it would have been if only Katana. So at least we have that to be thankful for.

You can learn more about the story of the game here. The guy who runs that Wiki was the one I was talking about who went through the release you did Laurent of that earlier beta you found and he compared the levels and audio and came to the conclusion only minor differences with some level was there. Audio seemed to be exactly the same he said.

Reactions: Arcadia

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Well the version in this pack is as good as it gets as far as official game version goes. You can get the download link at the top post of this page.

Reactions: fafadou

Make a donation