Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Half life still alive

fafadou

Original poster
Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
lol is lack of love with english patch made by sega-rolly and his team. I tried many time to remove password but I have 34downloads...
I'm thinking there is no password for everyone.
I don't know the password because I never use one with dreamfire ^^
I'll update it if it's necessary :

For half life I tried your version and I there is an tutoriel, and the opposing mode looks removed. It may because it's not good on dreamcast.
I think I have also somewhere a standard "gold" but we can find it quiet easily.

truemaster

Registered
May 31, 2019
ive removed opposing force. and re add the tautorial. for the reason you said opposing force is broken for good.
the only thing that you need to keep in mind is this game has been made having half-life (gordon) and blue-shift (barney) having the same hud-corsairs orange for both. the modification is using the purple hud and corsairs for blue-shift from pc version, and for half-file ive update them from pc. the original one were good but the pc ones are awesome. but if you play half-life and swich to blue-shift the hud and corsairs will be orange. and vise versa. so if you want to swich between games, restart console.

Last edited:

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
I nearly died (not literally, of course!) when I saw that thumbnail, because I thought for a moment there was a white label promo copy of Half-Life in a complete Dreamcast form, as this kind of disc was only pressed for retail games in PAL territories. Alas, it turns out this is just a video, which I'm guessing is identical to that featured on volume 17 of the Dream On demo series. From what I remember, there isn't a "gold" version of this particular conversion, though a fan attempt to fix up the previously circulating late development build is often passed off as such a thing.

SiZiOUS

Registered
May 30, 2019
www.sizious.com
AGName
SiZiOUS
AG Join Date
Mar 27, 2009
Actually the first Half-Life released was labeled Gold even I think this is incorrect. We don't have so many details as this version was ripped back in 2003 directly in Nero format (NRG).

Xanadu Presents

Title: Half Life *GOLD*
Platform: Dreamcast
Date: 01/10/2003
Format: Nero NRG (req. v5.5.10.0)

Summary:
You know what Half Life is. No need for a summary.

This is the FINAL GOLD version of Half-Life for the
greatest game console on the planet (still), the
Dreamcast!

History/Notes:
No, this was never released. Gearbox wrote it off
as a loss instead of releasing this killer game.

We aren't saying where we got this. But we KNOW it
is the real deal and have played it long enough to
feel confident releasing this.

Anyway, enjoy the game that probably could have saved
the Dreamcast.

As you might see in the original NFO, the title was labeled Half Life GOLD. So I think the Gold tag comes from there.

A couple of days later, this rip was released again by another group, MUDS but this time in DiscJuggler format (CDI).
_____ ____ ____._____ ______________ : :
\ \/ \_ | (____|__ / ____/____: :
....._/ .. / | / / \_______ \__ ..:...
: \______|| \__ \ /| __ / / : : :
..:... :sDW`------┤ |_______\________\/___________/.....:.: :
: : : : -----(MOST UGLY DREAMCAST SCENERS)---------- :....:
: :..:.....:
:....: Name: Halflife (C) Sierra / Valve
Date: 15.02.2003
System: Sega Dreamcast
Language: English
Videomode: NTSC-US
Files: 33 * 20 MB
Supplier: The Legendary Babushka of MUPS!

: :
.......... : ..:...
: : -------------------------------- : : : :
..:... : Release Notes :.......:.: :
: : : : ---------------------------------------- :....:
:....:

Yo! Check this.. this is the unreleased game halflife.
Anyway.. you all know the story about this game so who
gives a fuck about it..
Well there was previous release of this which didnt
work. You could not even burn it.. however here is
a working release with vga box support and support for
PAL and USA and JAP dcs.. works fine with all dcs!

Rip Notes: Everything is still there, Audio downsampled.
Another perfect MUDS almost quality rip.

Note: This was tested on a Japanese Dreamcast and works fine.
This was tested on a PAL Dreamcast and works fine too!
Use Disc Juggler 3.0 or later to burn this..
And enjoy this fucking cool release...

Note: Props to the one who leaked this game, not bad man!

- bABS!

..:... : Greetings :.......:.: :

No greetings ┤coz we are ugly and you suck. FACT!
..:... : Contact MU*S :.......:.: :

Watashitachi wa itsu mo nihon no riliisu shinai
kouri geemu o osameru hito o sagashimasu.

We are always looking for people to supply unreleased
japanese retail games! Please Contact us if you can!

Signed by bABUSHKA of MUPS at a friday evening.
MUDS - Most Useful Doreamon Soccerteams - ugly since 1848.

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
Yeah, the "Gold" label comes from unnecessary scene kiddies bragging about the GD-R they got more than anything.
Gold has a very specific meaning, it means it's finished and sent to manufacturing. Calling any earlier build than a 100% finished build "gold" is simply a lie for bragging rights to play up the release.
There is no publicly circulating "Gold" version of Half-Life and if the game was ever truly 100% finished we don't know.

truemaster

Registered
May 31, 2019
at least it can be played start to finish. but those big loadings, (let odes and emulators aside) and the saves that become bigger when advance in a map (way big) its a sign that something is not complete. theres no way that thing could be final release.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
just remembered something. There was a version of Half-Life modded for DC using the original PC models which had better performance. There was also a version where the PS2 models were ported over to the DC game. This obviously had worse performance, but it was nice seeing the PS2 models on the DC. Does anybody have these 2 modded versions of the game? Was it you truemaster who worked on those? My memory is a bit blurry as this was some years ago, but I know they both were released over at Assembler.

I have an edited pack that I made from Atreyu187's Half-Life DC mods pack, which Moonlight then packaged up and shared a few years back. I only added the older ripped beta from 2018 that was found. I would love to have those 2 versions as well to make the package more complete so I can update the archive and share them with the community in a nice package,

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Registered
May 31, 2019
i did try with ps2 models but most of them were not compatible, so i include all the original dc models. the gdi that i give you was having the original pc models before i put my hand on it, but it was freezing on a loading screen on the map before you take the hazard suit. looks like a certain pc model wasnt play well, but i didnt found what was it.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Mh interesting. Did you convert all the textures over to the PVR format? While dragging and dropping in the PC models works on DC, it doesn't work as well as if it was optimized for DC formats. But I think you already know that.

truemaster

Registered
May 31, 2019
i was given the cdi with pc models. the files dont need any conversion, even the maps are cross compatible most of them but not all. some pc maps getting the system out of memory.

cm1ck

Sep 25, 2020
just remembered something. There was a version of Half-Life modded for DC using the original PC models which had better performance. There was also a version where the PS2 models were ported over to the DC game. This obviously had worse performance, but it was nice seeing the PS2 models on the DC. Does anybody have these 2 modded versions of the game? Was it you truemaster who worked on those? My memory is a bit blurry as this was some years ago, but I know they both were released over at Assembler.

I have an edited pack that I made from Atreyu187's Half-Life DC mods pack, which Moonlight then packaged up and shared a few years back. I only added the older ripped beta from 2018 that was found. I would love to have those 2 versions as well to make the package more complete so I can update the archive and share them with the community in a nice package,
I have an archive Half-Life-Mega_Mod_Pack_DC-MOONLiGHT, not sure if this is useful to you or you already have it. I just got my GDEMU installed and have a DreamPi modem en route. As of yet, I haven't done any dev/coding with Dreamcast, and don't really know how to make use of this 'mod pack.' Is there any use for this pack for me as essentially an end user? I have a few different images of Half-Life I'd like to test with the GDEMU to see which works best.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Yeah that is the pack I have as well already. All the mods in it are total conversion singleplayer mods with all new levels and weapons in most cases. So as an end user yes, it is fun to plsy with mods that are essentially all new games on the system.

Make a donation