Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
What's up folks! Continuing my thread from Assemblers, here I'll be posting game reviews from UCD videos.

Support me on Patreon!

8/20/19:

The Stranger Things Palace Arcade

Enjoy!

This month's review is Bubble Bobble for the NES

Older Reviews:

Bad Dudes My Arcade Review

Double Dragon NES

Tonic Trouble Special Edition

Odyssey 2 Unboxing and RF Mod

UCD Videos: World's Smallest Tiny Arcade Machines

Castlevania NES

River City Ransom NES

Last edited:
Reactions: Yakumo

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

This week's review is the Stranger Things Palace Arcade.

Enjoy!

Reactions: kabojnk and Yakumo

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
Hi folks! I started doing reviews of toys and other things, check them out if you're into that kind of thing,

MOTU He-Ro and Eldor Powers of Grayskull figures from Super 7

Bandai Desighidorah (Death Ghidorah) 1996 Unboxing Figure Review - Mark's Toy Reviews

Street Fighter Funko Savage World Action Figure Review

Godzilla Showa Era Films Criterion Collection Review

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
What up guys. I review movies also from time to time, so here's my review of Terminator: Dark Fate.

(Spoilers: It sucks.)

Enjoy!

Reactions: kabojnk

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
Watch me play Castlevania for about half an hour then eat it before I get to the Grim Reaper:

Last edited:

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

Howdy y'all! This week I'm playing Shatterhand for the NES. It's like the first time I've played the game in like 20 years. I kinda suck at it.

Enjoy!

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
What's up my peoples. This week I play R-Type, (very very badly if I do say so myself.) Some watch me humiliate myself like a noob.

Also if you like what I do you can now support me on Patreon.

Thanks!

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
What's up guys. This week I'm playing Panorama Cotton for the Sega Megadrive. This is the first time I've ever played this game.

Enjoy!

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
Hello Folks! Check out my review of Starwars: Rise of Skywalker

Enjoy!

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

Hey everyone. Check out this review of this bizarre Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles knock-off figure I found (if you're into that kind of thing.)

Enjoy!

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

My Review and unboxing of the Masters of the Universe William Stout Collection from Super 7. If any of you guys are into action figures, this marks the end of the Masters of the Universe Classics line. It's was imo the best action figure line made in the last 20 years (if not of all time.) It's sad to see it go.

These particular figures are based on the 1987 movie, they are pretty cool.

Enjoy!

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

My Review and Unboxing of the "Go Retro" Portable game system. In addition to the usual "HK Original" knock-off games it also has some actual licensed NES games, like Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Strider, Burgertime, Bad Dudes, etc. Not a bad little system.

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

Hi everyone. Today I'm reviewing some weird old bendy toys from a company called Accoutrements, which is either the same thing as or in business with Archie McPhee. If you've never heard of Archie McPhee, they're a company that puts out those weird horse masks that were popular a few years ago, along with the usual novelty gags like rubber chickens, whoopie cushions, bacon flavored mints, and so on. Anyway this is a set that I completed a little while ago, and while this kind of thing isn't really worth much they are pretty hard to find. I've always loved strange vintage toys like this.

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

Hello folks. Today I livestreamed Alien Crush for the TG-16. Unlike most of the games I play this one I'm actually halfway decent at.

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

Hi everyone. Any fans of Masters of the Universe in here? I have been ever since I was a kid. I used to have pretty much all of them back in the day, including the rare ones that cost all kinds of money nowadays like the Sorceress, Scareglow, the Eternia Towers. Anyway in recent years Super 7 has been releasing 5.5 inch figures in the vintage style that look like how the characters were presented in the old Filmation cartoon, so of course I had to get my hands on these.

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

What's up folks. Today I'm playing F-Zero X for the first time ever. I've played the old F-Zero games on the SNES and Gameboy Advance, but never this particular version before. I'm surprised at how fast it actually runs (I think it's running at 60fps?) Anyway I was expecting it to have framerate issues like a lot of other N64 games have (Goemon 64 comes to mind) so I was happy to see it running so smoothly. There is some sputtering now and then but I think that's a problem with the emulator more than anything. I was also very happy to see how they camouflaged the draw in, which is not very good on the N64. Other games like the Turok series use a lot of fog effects (which the N64 is somewhat notorious for) but in this game they mostly hid that by having the track twist and bend. You can still see the pop-in if you look for it, but for the most part it's not noticeable or detracting.

Overall it's a pretty good game, one of these days I'll have to hunt it down in physical form and see how it runs on real hardware.

Last edited:

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

What's up guys. Anybody here collect Marvel Legends figures? I try to limit myself to collecting only those characters that I really like, but when this set came out I knew I had to get it. I actually got this one for Christmas but I've been hanging onto it because I wanted to do an unboxing video.

Anyway, enjoy!

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

Hi folks, any Thundercats fans in here? For this video we're taking a look at Series #2 of the Thundercats Savage World figures, featuring Tygra, Monkian, Jackalman, and Cheetara (which is the one everyone wanted.) Included are some comparisons with the series 1 figures. I'm happy to say they turned out really well, and look great on the shelf next to my MOTU toys.

For those who have been keeping up, we've gotten the following in the "Savage World" line from Funko, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Thundercats Series #1 and #2, Horror Figures, as well as the tangentially related Son of Zorn and DC comics "Primal Age" lines. There was also supposed to be a Conan the Barbarian line which looks to be cancelled, which probably happened when Marvel bought back the Conan rights.

Sadly this looks like the end of the "Savage World" line for the time being, there doesn't look to be anything new happening for the rest of 2020, which is really sad considering there's at least another 30 or so Thundercats characters alone they could do (not to mention the other franchises.) Here's hoping that the line gets resurrected next year, I would love to see more of these one day.

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004

Hello everyone, for you fans of WWE wrestling or Masters of the Universe, here is my review of the Masters of the WWE Universe 5.5 inch figures. These are a pretty cool mashup of wrestling and MOTU. I'm a massively huge fan of Masters of the Universe (not so much wrestling, but I can appreciate it.) Apparently these are a sort of test run for the MOTU origins figures that are going to be released later this year. Anyway these took a bit by surprise as I had no idea these were even a thing. The figures look great, balance well, and a filled with little homages and callbacks to the vintage He-man figures I grew up with. If you're into this sort of thing I recommend picking them up now, as their value is already starting to go up on the secondary market.

Reactions: Jerich0

Make a donation