Donations
£14.06
michielvoo.net
AGName
michielvoo
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2010
Hi everyone!

My name is Michiel and I joined Assembler Games many years ago because I was (always have been, and still am) interested in console games and technology. I joined Obscure Gamers last year when Assembler Games was closed.

My first console was a Super Nintendo, and I remember the games were very expensive. I had saved enough money for 1 game, Actraiser, which I played for about 6 months straight. Then I got a paper route to earn money to buy more games. That summer I ended up buying a Super Wild Card, a device with which I could play Super Nintendo games from floppy disks. This allowed me to play games that would otherwise have not been accessible to me, like Final Fantasy, and Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie.

Over the years I've owned many video game consoles, PlayStations, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, and even an imported NEC PC-FX. All are gone now, but I did get a Super Nintendo again, as well as a Super Wild Card. This time I'm discovering some of the great games I never played when I was young, like Super Metroid and Earthbound. I'm planning to play The Firemen next, because it looks like a fun game.

I am a professional software developer, and I did spend some time trying to understand how to program for the Super Nintendo. I managed to get some simple things working, and documented as much as I could. You can find the code and documentation here:

https://github.com/michielvoo/Super
https://github.com/michielvoo/Super/wiki

Long story short: I am still interested in the Super Nintendo after all these years, and I joined to learn as much as I can about its history and the interesting hardware that was available for it.

// Gr. Michiel

Last edited:

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
if you looking Super Nintendo again , it a good change get one( should be 3 ) Hotel util from japan yahoo.
Nintendo Super Famicom BOX PSS-01 you will want get one ;)

Jackhead

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
welcome! the real hardware is really hard to use because most stuff is japan only depending on the sfc PC-98. But there is DOS software. If you interested to get software on the real hardware working contact me, im more hardware guy with some software/hardware. But i have also some software dev education but dont use in work day, I really love to get more SNES/SFC dev going on. I focused at sound dev atm

Last edited:

michielvoo

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 26, 2019
Donations
£14.06
michielvoo.net
AGName
michielvoo
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2010
Hello Jackhead!

Thanks! Some years ago I managed to write some simple programs in assembly. All of them worked in bsnes, but not all of them worked on real hardware (I was using a Super Wild Card to test). I stopped working on the project then.

But last year I got the debugger and got that working. It was my intention to use the debugger to fix the programs so they would work on the real hardware. But my programs were written for the WLA assembler, so I will have to 'translate' them. I haven't done that yet because that work seems boring... :rolleyes:

Lately I find myself mostly interested in back-up devices, and I managed to find a few. Besides that I want to learn more about electronics, so I can understand the hardware side better. But I will return to the assembly code for sure, just maybe not this year. When I do I will let you know for sure!

Please let me know if you need help with the programming side.

// Gr. Michiel

Jackhead

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
i can test your code on "real" dev hardware , no china stuff :) contact you ^^
And sorry to china, i love you guys, you know :) @HI_RICKY
anyway if you like to get next step, lets talk..

Last edited:

Make a donation