Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Turbografx16 Help me pick the correct parts! (please)

Esplanade

Original poster
Aug 27, 2019
I'm in the middle of trying to make the circuit below (supplied by HD Retrovison) to get a proper composite video signal out of the ext port of the PC Engine but i'm now at a loss.

I have everything up to the inductor but how would i go about finding out what type i need, a quick google shows thats its a ferrite bead but does it matter much past that what type i need or do i need a specific kind?

Schematics

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

toze3

Aug 6, 2020
AGName
toze3
I can't help, but i got some doubts.

Why not going to RGB mod?

I'm not sure, but the Vin pin should be to connect a power source in the PC-E and not feed by a regular plug.

Esplanade

Original poster
Aug 27, 2019
I can't help, but i got some doubts.

Why not going to RGB mod?

I'm not sure, but the Vin pin should be to connect a power source in the PC-E and not feed by a regular plug.

There is going to be a RGB section to this but I also want a proper composite signal as well.
The schematic is a handrawn copy of the av booster by hd retrovision so I don't think I have any doubts about it being wrong

Alterac

Apr 24, 2021
Are you referring to all of the FLx parts? or also the LCx 3 leg LC networks?

Just some quick googling got me some example parts for the FLx

FL1/FL2 - Audio Ferrite Beads Murata BLM18SD220SN1D 0603
FL3 - Video Ferrite Bead - Havnt found one specifically for low bandwidth video, may need to use the ones above.
FL4 - Power Filter Bead KEMET Z0805C210BPWST 0805

Basically you will need to choose them depending on their purpose, the Filters for Audio, Video, and Power will be different.

The LCx parts are fairly straightforward, as their capacitance is marked on the Schematic.
Originally in the TG16 Schematics, they have TDK ZJSR5101 series parts (now obsolete)

LC1 - TDK ZJSR5101-223 - 22nF
LC2-4 - TDK ZJSR5101-221 - 220pF

Make a donation