Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Hi,

I made the stupid mistake to decide to buy an item without having to manage my own bids using the snipe it feature of the provider service named Buyee. First and last time that i use this feature !!!

I strongly suspect the seller named "deepseanet1945" to have organized a scam by using multiple third party accounts.

1) The Seller has multiple times postponed the end of the auction (adding multiple times 5 or 10 min minutes extra) to see if I would bid more which i did not.

2) Someone (most likely the seller with third accounts) did manage to test my snipe limit (reaching 1000 more yens than me) then dropped his bid back to 20 000 yens less by some mystery tricks (how is that possible ?)

3) Then the sum magically reached my limit (or not because he did test my limit before) !!!

I did try to stop or lower my snipe limit to the exact amount when I was the highest bidder again (step 2) but the snipe button on Buyee got grey and I had no way to lower my snip limit under the limit i fixed.

How can i contact Yahoo auctions and make Buyee react ? In their general conditions and policy there is no return and if i decide to refuse refuses to take receipt of the item, the company may at its discretion sell, discard, return or dispose of the item and i may not make any objection whatsoever so they can do whatever they feel like...

It seems like some people did complain about this guy (@Shane Battye just realized you are a member of this forum, I got tricked by japanese people which i never believed it could happen)

but also in many more tweets from this guy https://twitter.com/shanebattye here

https://www.google.com/search?q=deepseanet1945+yahoo+auction+https://twitter.com/shanebattye&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjwnL-J-dPoAhXPM-wKHeC6Cy4Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=deepseanet1945+yahoo+auction+https://twitter.com/shanebattye&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1CV4wlYwugJYOXpCWgAcAB4AIABZIgBxwGSAQMxLjGYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZw&sclient=img&ei=7jOLXvDtNc_nsAfg9a7wAg&bih=873&biw=1680

The seller IDs are :

kamukun_0720
elma7878
murah0123
deepseanet1945
kuriaisu1122

WHAT CAN I DO ? ANYBODY ABLE TO HELP ME ?

Last edited:

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
I have literally no idea what you're asking for help with, but I hope you figure out it :cool:

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
@Nully in case if someone like that happened to any of you (and if you managed to solve that type of issues somehow)

@HI_RICKY I do remember you from AG (10 years ago maybe) and i even bought a devkit from you if i remember correctly (my PSX devkit maybe). Do you still sell stuff by the way ?
But what do you mean ? I need to fix a way to pay the guy outside and get my money back from Buyee ?
It was my first time ever on Yahoo Auctions and i did not think that japanese auctions were like that... I should have performed the bids myself...

hippo

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
assemblergames.com
AGName
tichua
AG Join Date
Feb 5, 2008
all of the below sellers are notorious for being shady. If you follow @Shane Battye approach and the price is low, he/she just straight up cancels the auction and relist.

kamukun_0720
elma7878
murah0123
deepseanet1945
kuriaisu1122

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
For your point 1). It's relatively common if your bidding opponents are also using purchasing agents similiar like Buyee and enabled bid on 2-5 minutes right before the ending time. It's very common. You are bidding, many oversea bidders are bidding on the same items, too.

For point 2). I don't know how to achieve that. That action is really suspicious.

I always set relatively medium price for auto bidding. And manually set price on important item in last 40 seconds.

hippo

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
assemblergames.com
AGName
tichua
AG Join Date
Feb 5, 2008
he just uses another account and bid you up to reveal your max bid then using his listing account to delete the highest bid. This will in-turn, makes you the highest bidder. It happened to me many times.

Reactions: Traace

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
@hippo Shady ? I call that a scam since i could not stop the snipe (why ???) and the seller used alternative accounts to bid on his items which is clearly forbidden by Yahoo Auctions...

For your point 1). It's relatively common if your bidding opponents are also using purchasing agents similiar like Buyee and enabled bid on 2-5 minutes right before the ending time. It's very common. You are bidding, many oversea bidders are bidding on the same items, too.

For point 2). I don't know how to achieve that. That action is really suspicious.

I always set relatively medium price for auto bidding. And manually set price on important item in last 40 seconds.

Ya i was really stupid to believe that auctions in Japan are different from eBay.

This one was really suspicious because same account testing amounts then cancel his bid (how ???)so for sure its the seller...

Yes i will do like you said for my future auctions.

Last edited:

hippo

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
assemblergames.com
AGName
tichua
AG Join Date
Feb 5, 2008
Shady ? I call that a scam since

Ya i was really stupid to believe that auctions in Japan are different from eBay.

This one was really suspicious because same account testing amounts then cancel his bid (how ???)so for sure its the seller...

Yes i will do like you said for my future auctions.

me, my friends, and Shane already reported them to buyee but looks like they just don't care. We just need to be careful around these sellers. That's all we can do now

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
me, my friends, and Shane already reported them to buyee but looks like they just don't care. We just need to be careful around these sellers. That's all we can do now

I do agree but i want either my money back or a discount from the seller that is negotiated between Buyee and the seller. If not the bank will proceed accordingly following my instructions. I did told Buyee that i will involve the bank and that i will spread the word about the auctions practices on internet. Not a normal situation !!! If it was snipes from multiple buyers ya that would be my fault to be stupid but it was clearly the seller playing around...

Last edited:
Reactions: dcsw2k7

hippo

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
assemblergames.com
AGName
tichua
AG Join Date
Feb 5, 2008
I do agree but i want either my money back or a discount from the seller that is negotiated between Buyee and the seller. If not the bank will proceed accordling with my instructions. I did told Buyee that i will involve the bank and that i will spread the word about their bad management and practices on internet. Not a normal situation !!! If it was snipes from multiple buyers ya that would be my fault to be stupid but it was clearly the seller playing around...
I hope that when another person complains about the seller, they will finally take action. Best of luck. Keep us posted

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008

If you play enough around ebay INTL/yahoo JP/Mercari JP/taobao CN/rakuten TW, you would find dirty sellers have no limitation on their races/nationalities/religions. It's not an ideal community. So just try keeping honest on self side, always. And don't be down too much, at least it's not that high possibility.😂

I do agree but i want either my money back or a discount from the seller that is negotiated between Buyee and the seller. If not the bank will proceed accordling with my instructions. I did told Buyee that i will involve the bank and that i will spread the word about their bad management and practices on internet. Not a normal situation !!! If it was snipes from multiple buyers ya that would be my fault to be stupid but it was clearly the seller playing around...

It's really hard but I still encourage you try contacting Buyee customer services.
But it's mostly sound like system exploit in Yahoo auction which is not Buyee can directly solve. So if it's me, I would ask buyee to contact yahoo to investigate what happened in point 2) mentioned by you. As that's a really abnormal action.

Reactions: EvanSki

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Ya but Buyee should :
- Allow people to stop the snipe robot to bid.
- Reach the seller (as requested by me) and try to find an agreement on a quite honest price which I believe was when he started to trick the system.
- And if not agreement on a lower price then talk to Yahoo.

Last edited:

EvanSki

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
Ive been scammed a few times on Ebay, only Twice on Amazon,and only Once through paypal but each time I always send an email to the support team, even if that team isnt for the auctions, they will transfer you/give you the info to contact the correct support for them.

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Ya but Buyee no. Their answer :

"incidentally, please kindly note that there is no bad record on this seller previously. It is unlikely that this user is a scam, unfortunately."

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
@Shane Battye
Can you please let me know how the seller managed to test my snip and then cancel his bids to reach again my limit ?
I thought it was impossible to cancel a bid on Yahoo Auctions. I saw it with my own eyes.

Ok I think i understand. A seller has the right to erase bids :
From the Buyee email : "The seller of the auction has erased the highest bid of the auction below."

Last edited:

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
My last email to Buyee :

1) IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL A SNIP DURING AN AUTOMATIC EXTENSION !!! This bid had 3 extensions so 15min extra but I was still not able to stop it.

2) No bad record. Really ???
Check :
Check :
Check :
Check :

I have reported this user here :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-regarding-a-yahoo-auction-scam-with-buyee.561787/
and here
https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/help-regarding-a-yahoo-auction-scam-with-buyee.2036/

Look at the following comment in blue :

1586235371460.png

Still not reported ??? Shane is the guy who wrote all these Tweets and reported this seller multiple times to Buyee.

3) Either Buyee takes responsible actions with the seller and Yahoo Auctions or I will make sure that this problem is known everywhere and reported to Yahoo Auctions and many twitter gamer users around that auction platform. Making a mistake is one thing, BEING TRICKED by a seller who use third party accounts to bid ON HIS OWN AUCTIONS (and using an unknown technic to cancel his bids) is another thing :
  • The seller with some third party accounts reached [MY SNIP LIMIT] YEN and figured out that my snipe limit was under [MY SNIP LIMIT + 1000] YEN as he became the highest bidder
  • Then by using an unknown trick (thought it was not possible to cancel bids on Yahoo Auctions), the bids dropped down to [MY SNIP LIMIT - 17 000] YEN. I did try to stop my snip but it was not possible as explained in 1).
  • He just had to bid again to reach [MY SNIP LIMIT] YEN. Tada he tricked a buyer with a snip that did not work as expected... (AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP IT).
  • READ THE EMAILS FROM YOU IN ATTACHMENT AND EXPLAIN TO ME HOW I can be outbid at 14:54 CEST TIME, then the highest bidder at 14:59 CEST TIME reaching the exact maximum of my snipe.
PS : The trick from the seller is to erase the highest bid (I just notice what is written in your auto email at 14:59 CEST time : "The seller of the auction has erased the highest bid of the auction below. You are now the highest bidder on this auction.") and you still dare to claim that this seller is not scamming me, the Yahoo system and many other buyers from Buyee ???

I CAN TELL YOU THAT I WILL NOT LET THAT GO AWAY. Read the bid history and you will see that the fake accounts are the same ones as the ones reported by Shane !!! So now you have to contact the seller and explain to him clearly that we give him one chance otherwise he will be reported with the above explanation.

I will take necessary actions and make sure that Buyee sees them. I have already contacted my bank for 4 problems with Buyee :
- They refuse to refund points
- They refuse to cancel or return an item
- They do not prevent scams
- They do not even use 3D Secure payment protection

If they want to be blacklisted by my bank, they should continue. I have all my time to make them understand the problems here.

Last edited:

psx-collector

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Twilight
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2007
I overpaid a coupe of times too but the stuff is so great that I'm ready to play these bid games. :)

Reactions: HI_RICKY

SuperH

Registered
May 30, 2019
Hi All, I’ve been trying to raise awareness of this seller for a while now.

The seller IDs to be aware of include;

kamukun_0720
elma7878
murah0123
deepseanet1945
kuriaisu1122

All have been blocked by Zenmarket but Buyee declined any assistance when issues have been raised with them.

If there is an item you must have from any of these seller IDs the workarounds include;
a) Never use a snipe bid (he will just make you hit your max every time)
b) Watch the detailed bidder view as the auction unfolds; you can identify his fake/shill bid accounts by the low rating (typically rated 5 or less but I have seen up to 30s).
c) Only bid against genuine bids, after he has cancelled his shill bids in the final minute.
d) Hold your nerve; you might be losing in the final minute but check if it’s to a fake/shill account. Don’t try to outbid it, he will cancel it if he’s willing to sell.

Here’s a Twitter thread where I outline his practise during an auction.

Last edited:

hippo

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
assemblergames.com
AGName
tichua
AG Join Date
Feb 5, 2008
Hi All, I’ve been trying to raise awareness of this seller for a while now.

The seller IDs to be aware of include;

kamukun_0720
elma7878
murah0123
deepseanet1945
kuriaisu1122

All have been blocked by Zenmarket but Buyee declined any assistance when issues have been raised with them.

If there is an item you must have from any of these seller IDs the workarounds include;
a) Never use a snipe bid (he will just make you hit your max every time)
b) Watch the detailed bidder view as the auction unfolds; you can identify his fake/shill bid accounts by the low rating (typically rated 5 or less but I have seen up to 30s).
c) Only bid against genuine bids, after he has cancelled his shill bids in the final minute.

Here’s a Twitter thread where I outline his practise during an auction.

Thanks @Shane Battye . My friends reported them to Buyee and they refused to take action as well. FromJapan, however, did block all them

Reactions: SuperH

Make a donation