ProtonX

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Mar 29, 2019
Donations
£10.00
Hoping for some help on this. I was able to procure 11 switch kiosk consoles- OLED, regular and switch lite. 2 have power issues, but the other 11 give an error “could not start the software”. Does anyone know what is causing the error. They can be put in maintenance mode and update just fine. When I am reinitiailizing the console does nothing- other than unlink the micro SD (tested on 1 console). I’m open to ideas as I would love to return these to functions kiosk or demo consoles, instead of using them for parts or selling as broken.

r9YSXpz.jpg

rg6GdC7.jpg

Reactions: Kelly

Antviau

Registered
May 17, 2020
AGName
Antviau
Hoping for some help on this. I was able to procure 11 switch kiosk consoles- OLED, regular and switch lite. 2 have power issues, but the other 11 give an error “could not start the software”. Does anyone know what is causing the error. They can be put in maintenance mode and update just fine. When I am reinitiailizing the console does nothing- other than unlink the micro SD (tested on 1 console). I’m open to ideas as I would love to return these to functions kiosk or demo consoles, instead of using them for parts or selling as broken.

r9YSXpz.jpg

rg6GdC7.jpg
Yeah I saw a couple on eBay but decided against buying them, any idea on the revision? Hacking one or two could definitely help if we could dump the firmware.

ProtonX

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Mar 29, 2019
Donations
£10.00
No idea on the firmware. I’ve been selling them in eBay and am almost out of the OLED and lite.

Antviau

Registered
May 17, 2020
AGName
Antviau
No idea on the firmware. I’ve been selling them in eBay and am almost out of the OLED and lite.

For the regular switches, hacking them with a jig might be possible if they're compatible and then dumping the firmware wouldn't be too complicated.

Make a donation