Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
As this is a Windows CE game, there exists a strong possibility to patch in some missing parts from the PC version if it gets to that point. I wish the source code was available for this, but next best thing would be modding in stuff from the PC version if possible. As we all know, thbose Windows CE ports are very close to the way the PC counterparts were file and format wise. Half-Life and 4X4 Evo are very modable.

Don't get my hopes up man!

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Keep on getting back to this thread to see if the fundraiser is already up, can't wait to see this one out in the wild! o_O

Reactions: fafadou

KGRAMR

Registered
May 30, 2019
Awesome to see yet another unreleased Dreamcast title being finally preserved! :) I hope we can all see DC Deer Hunter being released as well someday...

FatalistDC

Original poster
Registered
Mar 1, 2020
www.youtube.com
AGName
Fatalist
AG Join Date
17-03-2004
Hi!

The fundraiser has finished, thank you very much to all people who have contributed and all the people interested in the game.

I have uploaded Heroes III to Mediafire. I have 2 dumps of the game and I have uploaded the 2 GDI dumps so you can compare the checksums if you want. I checked the GD Ripper console after finishing both dumps without any sector related errors in the log. Photo below.

Heroes III first dump:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ryc0mb87nu86gdm/HeroesIII_1stRip.zip/file

Heroes III second dump:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d4vfkwcz9iufdmd/HeroesIII_2ndRip.zip/file

Nero or Discjuggler images soon.

When you play the game please note that it is a beta (v0.800) and therefore there are expected or unexpected bugs and crashes.

thedoctor45 has posted in Dreamcast Talk forum a very interesting report of the german developer about why was the game canceled. Please read it:

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12659&start=90#p127486

IMG_20200322_130556.jpg

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Awesome thanks so much! Eagerly hoping for and anticipating Test Drive Cycles!

accel99

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Accel99
AG Join Date
March 28 2008
Thank you. Surprisingly this doesnt work with demul. Ill wait till someone games a thorough video.

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
From what I was able to test, the files only seem to be working properly with either the GD-EMU or the USB-GD.
DreamShell has some weird issue where the controller just stops responding after you enter the main menu but that could be due to my hardware setup...

I'm working on getting this converted into CDI format but I've been running into some problems so it might take a little longer than expected.

Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
What the n'est things to do with those isos ?
It's possible to mix it ?
Have you notice diffrences between them ?

@thedoctor45 : I'm not familiar with wince games. What the best way to build a cdi please ?

FatalistDC

Original poster
Registered
Mar 1, 2020
www.youtube.com
AGName
Fatalist
AG Join Date
17-03-2004
From what I was able to test, the files only seem to be working properly with either the GD-EMU or the USB-GD.
DreamShell has some weird issue where the controller just stops responding after you enter the main menu but that could be due to my hardware setup...

I'm working on getting this converted into CDI format but I've been running into some problems so it might take a little longer than expected.

What's your hardware setup? If you have the loader v0.7.0b2 the game stops responding like that. The only benefit I saw with that loader in the game is that the sound of the intro is correct.
With the loader of DreamShell 4.0 RC4 game runs ok but the sound of the intro of the game is not ok. Notice that the Load game option hangs the game if you don't have a VMU on the controller.

I've had trouble creating nrg or cdi image as well.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
What the n'est things to do with those isos ?
It's possible to mix it ?
Have you notice diffrences between them ?

@thedoctor45 : I'm not familiar with wince games. What the best way to build a cdi please ?

It is from the same source disc. It was only dumped 2 separate times due to bad sectors. So one version may have good files the other has bad sectors from.

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
Here's a CDI release for those who want to play on original hardware.
45000 style layout, nothing removed or downsampled, original sort order carried over, dummied to just under 80min.

I haven't really tested it much other than loading up a single player game successfully.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
With dreamshell you have a loader 0.7.b3 and try the 0.7.b1 it gives excellent result :)

Reactions: FatalistDC

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
What's your hardware setup? If you have the loader v0.7.0b2 the game stops responding like that. The only benefit I saw with that loader in the game is that the sound of the intro is correct.
With the loader of DreamShell 4.0 RC4 game runs ok but the sound of the intro of the game is not ok. Notice that the Load game option hangs the game if you don't have a VMU on the controller.

I've had trouble creating nrg or cdi image as well.

I was actually not able to get the game to run correctly on any loader version using my NTSC-U Dreamcast. I'm beginning to think that the problem is somehow related to the region code of the game - from my observation, the controller freezing issue happens (mostly) on NTSC-U (and probably also NTSC-J Dreamcasts) my PAL Dreamcast does seem to run it correctly.

Maybe someone with more experience in hacking DC games can find a solution to this.

PS: Setting the async read option from "true" to "16" in ISOLoader setting helps with the audio problems in loader version 0.6.X

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
The 0.6.x beta is not good for hdd, only for shenmue I, try the 0.6.1_gcc_7.1.
If there is no cdda, the best result will be with 0.7x loaders.
You have to defrag the hdd to use them as you probably know already.

If the game is not region free, I patch the IP.BIN and run gdibuilder. But for me it's not working, the track01.bin is still the same. Probably someone like @FamilyGuy may help.

Reactions: FatalistDC

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
the burned CDI version does boot on an NTSC-U unit but the controller stops responding just like it does when using DreamShell so it is definitely a hardware related problem.

Make a donation