• We're currently facing issues with our network provider, France has currently gone dark but Canada/London servers appear to be running ok. The CDN is currently down and we're unaware when it'll be back. You may notice attactments/images break during this time. Nothing is lost and backups are already taken.

Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

FatalistDC

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Fatalist
AG Join Date
17-03-2004
Hi!

The fundraiser is now LIVE! : http://gf.me/u/xrpssv

It has been created by Jan with my consent. You can put the link in all forums, blogs and Dreamcast fan sites you want.

IMG_20200319_205732.jpg

I've always wondered about that Louise!

ItsMeMario

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Heroes for Dreamcast @[email protected]

Wonder what else I missed back in the days...wow :'D

Damien

VIP
PSH Staff
Refugee
Registered
Community Contributor
Reaction score
AG User Name
Demon
AG Join Date
Aug 11, 2008
Split this into it's own topic. and hit enter too soon šŸ˜‚

fafadou

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
fafadou
How many time we have ?

KGRAMR

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
I wish i had the money but i hope enough funds are raised to finally see this being released to the public :)

Meringues

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Meringues
AG Join Date
May 24, 2012
Man I would totally drop quite a few quid on this but being self employed current events makes me reluctant, good luck!

Wombat

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
VIP
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
I did say *SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY* earlier. But of course now with everything that is going on, priorities have shifted. That being said I do want to see this one happening so I'm going to chip in as promised.

darcagn

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
Willing to donate if raw dump is made with httpd-ack or SDRip. SD adapters cost like $15 on eBay. My donation would more than cover it.

thedoctor45

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
The current owner has assured me he will send me a copy of the original disc, which he made using a GD-X duplicator a few years ago.
Once I have it I can make a raw dump using my SD-adapter but this can't be done right now because there are currently no international packages allowed out of the country he lives in due to the pandemic situation, which sucks ofc.

So rest assured that a raw dump will be made in due time in case that helps you with your descision.

Wombat

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
VIP
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
The current owner has assured me he will send me a copy of the original disc, which he made using a GD-X duplicator a few years ago.
This doesn't sound like a great idea, the original disc has scratches, so the duplicated disc *most likely* isn't data accurate compared the the original. It's the original disc that needs the treatment of a raw dump.

thedoctor45

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
He also sent me this GD-Ripper log of him dumping the original Hereoes III disc just recently:

Also, heā€˜s tried running the dumped game using DreamShell ISOLoader and he says it does seem to work correctly.

thedoctor45

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
Thanks for your support everyone - looks like the fundraiser went viral pretty fast (no pun intended).
I have just messaged Fatalist and informed him that the campaign was successful.

My guess is he will probably upload the dumped files here in this topic sometime later this week.

stay safe
doc

Wombat

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
VIP
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Big up for @thedoctor45 and everybody else who chipped in, looking forward seeing this one out there :D