Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

KGRAMR

Registered
May 30, 2019
I wish i had the money but i hope enough funds are raised to finally see this being released to the public :)

Meringues

Jun 18, 2019
AGName
Meringues
AG Join Date
May 24, 2012
Man I would totally drop quite a few quid on this but being self employed current events makes me reluctant, good luck!

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
I did say *SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY* earlier. But of course now with everything that is going on, priorities have shifted. That being said I do want to see this one happening so I'm going to chip in as promised.

Reactions: Anthony817

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
Willing to donate if raw dump is made with httpd-ack or SDRip. SD adapters cost like $15 on eBay. My donation would more than cover it.

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
The current owner has assured me he will send me a copy of the original disc, which he made using a GD-X duplicator a few years ago.
Once I have it I can make a raw dump using my SD-adapter but this can't be done right now because there are currently no international packages allowed out of the country he lives in due to the pandemic situation, which sucks ofc.

So rest assured that a raw dump will be made in due time in case that helps you with your descision.

Reactions: darcagn

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
The current owner has assured me he will send me a copy of the original disc, which he made using a GD-X duplicator a few years ago.
This doesn't sound like a great idea, the original disc has scratches, so the duplicated disc *most likely* isn't data accurate compared the the original. It's the original disc that needs the treatment of a raw dump.

Reactions: darcagn and XBOX

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
He also sent me this GD-Ripper log of him dumping the original Hereoes III disc just recently:

6391_IMG_20200322_130556.jpg

Also, heā€˜s tried running the dumped game using DreamShell ISOLoader and he says it does seem to work correctly.

Reactions: Wombat

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks for your support everyone - looks like the fundraiser went viral pretty fast (no pun intended).
I have just messaged Fatalist and informed him that the campaign was successful.

My guess is he will probably upload the dumped files here in this topic sometime later this week.

stay safe
doc

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Big up for @thedoctor45 and everybody else who chipped in, looking forward seeing this one out there :D

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Willing to donate if raw dump is made with httpd-ack or SDRip. SD adapters cost like $15 on eBay. My donation would more than cover it.

Once I have it I can make a raw dump using my SD-adapter but this can't be done right now because there are currently no international packages allowed out of the country he lives in due to the pandemic situation, which sucks ofc.

So rest assured that a raw dump will be made in due time in case that helps you with your descision.

As promised I've ripped the GD-R copy with DC-SDRip and uploaded the raw dump of the game over here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eyluta25dbvwyni/Heroes_III_SDRip.tar.7z/file

Last edited:
Reactions: fafadou and Hazard

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
The good news is that the track03.bin raw dump error correction shows that the dump is good and converting to ISO gives the same hash as the original ISO dump.

However, the track01 and track02 files (which are unimportant as they do not actually contain any of the game data) do not match at all (huge filesize differences) and there's a bunch of garbage data. But since these files are unimportant it isn't really necessary to play around with dumping it more.

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
That's kinda weird. I've attempted to rip another retail disc before inserting the Heroes III GD-R - does DC-SDRip not automatically overwrite files with the same name on the SD-Card? I'm pretty unfamiliar with the software tbh. Also I had to use the disc hot-swapping method to rip the data since I do not own a System Disc 2 so that might also have something to do with it....

Make a donation