Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS3 How reliable is a DECR-1000A?

Kuriatsu

Original poster
May 30, 2019
I have a few questions about a DECR-1000A.

How reliable are they generally? What's the failure rate? How would I take care of one plausibly?
I know that they are old, and they are the first generation of PS3s used by developers to create game software, as a result, they are fragile. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I also know that they are usually without the compact flash button because that breaks off.
Does that mean only the plastic shell of the button comes off? Or is that the entire function of the button?
meaning, can I hypothetically make a replacement that would work or is it an entire part of the chipset that comes off?

Would I likely need to redo the thermal paste for one? or is it different somehow?

Is 530$ USD a decent price for one?
This may be several months down the line and I still owe someone a transaction, this is all hypothetical.

What definitive advantages are there over a DECR-1400A?

how likely is it to break during transit? Its coming from the UK to the US.

How well does it work when compared to a DECR-1400A?

Is it worthwhile as an investment? I imagine it'll spike in value if well cared for like with PS2 test units.

Is there anything else I should know about a DECR-1000A before I even consider buying one if the stars align otherwise?

Make a donation