Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

How to avoid fake AES games!

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Sadly it seems the pandemic has a sell off occurring ; I’ve seen more AES games for sale recently than I’ve ever seen before. That means the scammers know it too! So I made this. Don’t get burnt and lose your shirt on repros / conversions passed off as the real thing!

Reactions: Nully

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
The first time I was ever scammed was buying a large lot of MVS games off Craigslist when I was around 16 (2009). I traded a bunch of CPS1/2 stuff for them. Ended up making about $100 back, selling them off as counterfeits for what was supposed to be about $1000-1500 trade from some asshole in Florida. It was only then I realized how professional bootlegs could be, before opening games was even standard operations as it is nowadays. You had nothing to compare them to like the databases we have now.

Reactions: XBOX

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
The first time I was ever scammed was buying a large lot of MVS games off Craigslist when I was around 16 (2009). I traded a bunch of CPS1/2 stuff for them. Ended up making about $100 back, selling them off as counterfeits for what was supposed to be about $1000-1500 trade from some asshole in Florida. It was only then I realized how professional bootlegs could be, before opening games was even standard operations as it is nowadays. You had nothing to compare them to like the databases we have now.

yeah sadly MVS boots have been around a lot longer than AES stuff

Reactions: Nully

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
yeah sadly MVS boots have been around a lot longer than AES stuff
I promptly got out of arcade games after that mishap. There is way too much piracy/bootlegs compared to anything else (maybe GBA pokemon games as far as volume of fakes), back then at least. Very high quality. Now everything is completely upside down, I wouldn't even trust a Mario Kart N64.

Make a donation