Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
Hi all,

I recently took delivery of a PlayStation 3 DECR-1000A Reference Tool and have been attempting to communicate with it via my Mac Pro 1,1 (with Windows 10) to access ProDG and the Reference Tool manager. I'm unsure if I've been doing anything incorrectly, but would it be possible to provide any instructions on how to do the entire process? (I've got both Ethernet ports connected; DEV LAN and the normal LAN) This is the first time I've ever done this on any development PlayStation 3, so please be kind whilst I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of these systems. Hahaha. I look forward to everyone's responses!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
you need use target manager add your DECR ip , than connect it :)

Last edited:

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
I can make a video tutorial on how to connect to your console when i'm back home if you want

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
I can make a video tutorial on how to connect to your console when i'm back home if you want
Hi JustAnyone,

That would be great! At the moment, I'm trying to extract every SDK that came out for this system through a variety of USB's that were provided. It may take awhile. Hahaha.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
You can use any SDK if you want target manager only, also if you want, i can upload my standalone target manager :)

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
here you go

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
here you go

Hi JustAnyone,

Thanks for the video, I really do appreciate it! Unfortunately, I can't seem to extract the files from the USB's I received. (It keeps coming up with checksum errors. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?) I'm going to see what I can do, I'm sure it's an easy fix. It's probably just my Mac Pro acting up. (typical Apple. Hahaha) I'll refer to the video now, and thanks again!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
Youn mentioned checksum errors, so I guess archives are corrupted.

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
Youn mentioned checksum errors, so I guess archives are corrupted.
That was the other thing I was expecting. I've contacted the seller to see if they can send me the files via Mega to see if it resolves the issue. At least I hope it does. The video seemed pretty straightforward, so at least it won't be a tedious experience. Thanks for that!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
use MacOS, install VM fusion . setup win7 for PS3 sdk use is better, it good for build different sdk ver with different VM image and backup easy :)

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
use MacOS, install VM fusion . setup win7 for PS3 sdk use is better, it good for build different sdk ver with different VM image and backup easy :)
Hi HI_RICKY,

That sounds fairly easy. I might retire my old Mac Pro 1,1 and use my Mac Pro 5,1 12 core, instead. (it's more reliable anyway) Is there any fee in regards to using VM Fusion? (and what's the process to install a copy of Windows 7 to VM?; sorry if I'm asking too many questions. I'm new to this whole thing. Hahaha)

I'll probably use it for accessing the Development Tool menu (I still need to learn how to connect to it properly, as I believe there are some things missing; I've added a photo for reference on the menu I wish to access) and ProDG. Thanks for the suggestions, HI_RICKY. I really do appreciate it!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspectsScreenshot_20191018-220528.png

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
VM fusion, is easy, just select you win iso. than it will go setup like pc windows, than finish ~ install VMware drive in windows ,it will like normal pc (in virtual machine)
of coz you can config disk size, cpu and memory. it good way you can copy the vm image( c: drive ) to other Mac and run no need like real pc setup windows again , sound good ? tust me, you will love this ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 274

Pm me on Twitter later if you still need help.
Any time after 10pm US Eastern Standard time works.

Make a donation