Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Hyper Neo Geo 64 Driving games at home - part 3 - 12/13

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Part 1 in converting these rare board, and their rarer games, to run in your home. What I thought would be a one day project (like my Beast Busters 64 JAMMA conversion was) has turned into a multi part, multi week odyssey in part selection, wiring, testing, and multimeter pinout building.

Still not done. Games are booting, running fine, but I am missing a pinout for the I/O board (it's not on the schematic) and my I/O board didn't include the rerouted wiring harness that a pinout does exist for.

Basically the process was a) convert my Rev 2 fighting board to a driving board via an I/O pcb swap B) build a network check ground harness for the games to pass network check c) wire up a wheel and pedal set to control the game and D) plug the controls into the game and play it.

D is not done yet lol. 34 pin positions on the control connectors, and 13 pins to connect. Except without a pinout it's anyone's guess where they go! Still more testing and multimeter work to go!

But hopefully soon I will have these rare games running at home on my tv, controllable from my couch!

Reactions: Kuriatsu and pato

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Pretty interesting, those racing games are really obscure, apart from actual hardware I've yet to find a way to play them.

sabre470

Jun 4, 2019
AGName
sabre470
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
Nice, well done! I saw your post on another forum, I have a driving board. PM me what you need and I'll see what I can do. I managed to get mine running Roads Edge but never had the time to wired up a steering wheel.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Nice, well done! I saw your post on another forum, I have a driving board. PM me what you need and I'll see what I can do. I managed to get mine running Roads Edge but never had the time to wired up a steering wheel.

I have a wiring harness on the way from Germany. The wheel and pedals are all ready to go but the schematic lacks the pin out for the 32 and 34 pin dual row connectors. It just shows the front facing JST connectors. So without those it’s a guessing game (and I don’t guess with stuff lol...don’t want to blow it)

should have it done soon. Stupid series turned into a five parter. Part 3 is wiring the pedals. Part four is wiring the wheel. Part 5 should hopefully be finished working board and controls

Reactions: Kuriatsu

Make a donation