Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I found a wireless 3rd party gamecube controller. Sweet. Except...

They freaking charged the controller and the receiver as 2 separate items. Can you believe it!?!?!
On a side note I also picked up a Wii for 10 bucks

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018

Oh wow. The Wii had a paintball game scratched to all hell inside it. It's my lucky day!

Thepokémask

May 23, 2019
AGName
Thepokemask
AG Join Date
Aug 25, 2014
Both of those are great finds. Whenever I go to Goodwill or any type of thrift store I never find anything related to games except on the rare occasion I find a junky DS game loosie or LeapFrog related products.

Reactions: Vindios and Pinta77

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Both of those are great finds. Whenever I go to Goodwill or any type of thrift store I never find anything related to games except on the rare occasion I find a junky DS game loosie or LeapFrog related products.
Yeah it was a great find. They dont have anything good anymore. One time I found a gamecube for $8. Now they just have just dance 2018 for xbox for $20 and it's been sitting there for over a year. I think they sell all the good stuff online now

EvanSki

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
I used to work for goodwill, they are the bigest cons ever! They purposely sell the item and cords separate, they do not test or wash anything (this goes for clothes as well) Dont bother making your donations clean or neat its all thrown in a bin with everything else, that nice ironed shirt, now its touching someones bloody t-shirt, they over charge on purpose because theres no ruling to what the prices of stuff are its just a worker guessing, its its really valuable and collector stuff its not even sent to stores its sent to corporate then sold to high bidding collectors, most of everything donated is sent to scrap yards for money.

Sorry for the rant, nice find none the less.

Reactions: Thepokémask

yoshi

Aug 27, 2019
Nice find man!

Usually when i go to a Goodwill, i always pick up some old PC games, but every now and then i get a movie on DVD or something. One time, i found a Pokemon Yellow cart for 1-2 dollars. Looked legit, so i bought it but it turns out the plastic shell was somehow so distorted that it wouldn't fit into my Gameboy Advance SP. Might buy a replacement shell soon.

There was also a case where i saw an Xbox 360 for 3 dollars with a bag of controllers next to it. It was the first model, so i thought that it probably had the RROD, and even if i wanted to buy it and didn't have the RROD, i didn't have a backpack or bag with me and didn't want to carry this thing with my bare hands all the way home (it takes me about 10-15 minutes to get from my house to the goodwill) so i decided not to buy it.

Last edited:

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I used to work for goodwill, they are the bigest cons ever! They purposely sell the item and cords separate, they do not test or wash anything (this goes for clothes as well) Dont bother making your donations clean or neat its all thrown in a bin with everything else, that nice ironed shirt, now its touching someones bloody t-shirt, they over charge on purpose because theres no ruling to what the prices of stuff are its just a worker guessing, its its really valuable and collector stuff its not even sent to stores its sent to corporate then sold to high bidding collectors, most of everything donated is sent to scrap yards for money.

Sorry for the rant, nice find none the less.
Dude I know! They dont wash anything. Its nasty. No joke, one time I went to the glasses and mugs section, and there was a freaking empty vodka bottle marked for $2 AND there was still a bit of Vodka at the bottom of it.

And I rarely find anything decent now. Feels like they're selling it all online.

Nice find man!

Usually when i go to a Goodwill, i always pick up some old PC games, but every now and then i get a movie on DVD or something. One time, i found a Pokemon Yellow cart for 1-2 dollars. Looked legit, so i bought it but it turns out the plastic shell was somehow so distorted that it wouldn't fit into my Gameboy Advance SP. Might buy a replacement shell soon.

There was also a case where i saw an Xbox 360 for 3 dollars with a bag of controllers next to it. It was the first model, so i thought that it probably had the RROD, and even if i wanted to buy it and didn't have the RROD, i didn't have a backpack or bag with me and didn't want to carry this thing with my bare hands all the way home (it takes me about 10-15 minutes to get from my house to the goodwill) so i decided not to buy it.

I used to get movies from goodwill also. Back in 2013 when I was freaking broke, I bought some video tapes for $1 each. My landlord was kind enough to leave a monster TV from 1990something with a built in VCR in my room. He swore the cable worked but it didnt. So that was my entertainment.

Reactions: EvanSki

x1z36x

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
Xzx123
AG Join Date
Mar 19, 2013
The Goodwill Computer Parts store near me has a shelf that they somewhat regularly restock with a few piles of Wii consoles, some bins full of Wiimotes and nunchucks (I think I saw some Pro Controllers as well), and a crapload of Wii games. Other stuff, too, of course, but yeah, a lot of Wii items. There were two sets of official Wii component cables in their Wii cable bin that I grabbed some months back, nothing special but they were maybe $3-5 each, so a good bit cheaper than the $25 or whatever it is that they go for on ebay.

A Half-Price Books near me has an XBOX 360 prototype controller for sale, strangely enough. Didn't see any XDKs to go along with it or anything, unfortunately.

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
The Goodwill Computer Parts store near me has a shelf that they somewhat regularly restock with a few piles of Wii consoles, some bins full of Wiimotes and nunchucks (I think I saw some Pro Controllers as well), and a crapload of Wii games. Other stuff, too, of course, but yeah, a lot of Wii items. There were two sets of official Wii component cables in their Wii cable bin that I grabbed some months back, nothing special but they were maybe $3-5 each, so a good bit cheaper than the $25 or whatever it is that they go for on ebay.

A Half-Price Books near me has an XBOX 360 prototype controller for sale, strangely enough. Didn't see any XDKs to go along with it or anything, unfortunately.

I would have never thought you'd find a prototype xbox controller for sale at a bookstore. Do they know what it is, or do they think it's just some regular controller?

x1z36x

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
Xzx123
AG Join Date
Mar 19, 2013
I would have never thought you'd find a prototype xbox controller for sale at a bookstore. Do they know what it is, or do they think it's just some regular controller?
Yeah, they recognized what it was. Half Price Books sells games, records, etc in addition to books - I even bought some Japanese Laserdiscs of all things from one once.

Who knows how this particular controller wound up there. I know Terminal Reality, which was located in a nearby city, went out of business 6 years ago and some of their development stuff was apparently sold off as a result, so I wondered if that were a possible source. Either that or maybe a collector died, because I highly doubt that many individuals with such an item would willingly sell it to somewhere like a Half Price Books.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinta77

xanthefin

Jun 22, 2019
AGName
XantheFIN
AG Join Date
Mar 11, 2018
Well i didn't bother make thread but almost like Goodwill place.. my grandpa place.

I am bothered what is this little cabinet or who made it for. I don't assume anything else than i think some brand deal but got curious its roots that what it was or from.. if anyone knows.. thanks!
plege1.jpg

plege0.jpg

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Yeah, they recognized what it was. Half Price Books sells games, records, etc in addition to books - I even bought some Japanese Laserdiscs of all things from one once.

Who knows how this particular controller wound up there. I know Terminal Reality, which was located in a nearby city, went out of business 6 years ago and some of their development stuff was apparently sold off as a result, so I wondered if that were a possible source. Either that or maybe a collector died, because I highly doubt that many individuals with such an item would willingly sell it to somewhere like a Half Price Books.

Yeah if I died and had kids, they'd probably sell all my dev stuff to a bookstore. If they didnt throw it away.

Well i didn't bother make thread but almost like Goodwill place.. my grandpa place.

I am bothered what is this little cabinet or who made it for. I don't assume anything else than i think some brand deal but got curious its roots that what it was or from.. if anyone knows.. thanks!
View attachment 3019

View attachment 3020

This looks like a post to the paranormal board on 4chan

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I’ve gotten some cool stuff from thrift stores over the years. I’ve gotten a GunCon 2, a Game Gear, a “video floppy player”, a Power Mac G4, and some CDI games just to name a few. Like a week ago I got a copy of Bloodborne for PS4 for $2.

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
So apparently every time I go to the goodwill I'm bringing home a Wii. But this one is different... appears to be PAL :eek: what on earth is this doing here? No game inside this time unfortunately.. cuz that would have been cool.

Reactions: Nully

Pikkon

Moving in Stereo
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pikkon
AG Join Date
Mar 4, 2005
Nice score,guess if you wanted to you could mod it for ntsc but if it was me I would leave it stock.

I have seen pal stuff at my goodwill,I grabbed a xbox scart cable years ago and others I saw was a pal ps2 sports game and the best was a euro surge protector:p but one of the odd ones was a japanese d-terminal cable.

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018

So since this is quickly getting out of hand, if anyone is interested in a modded Wii hit me up and we can possibly work something out lol

Reactions: VonKarma12

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Goodwill does this crap all the time. I don't even think they know what their objective is with "helping the community" as nothing they sell is even cheap nowadays. I go in there a few times a month and everything I look at is priced at or above retail, completely untested, donated for free (infinite profit?), don't pay taxes as a "charity" and no returns. $60 original Xbox consoles and PS2 sport games for $8 behind the glass is always a laugh, I only donate to actual charities like the Salvation Army or church ran ones. May as well buy on eBay, not worth it.

My favorite is $4 for a DVD, but they will price every disc in a box set individually.

/rant

Make a donation