Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

I'm amazed PS3 Emulation even works at all.

MSX

Is secretly 32-bit
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£543.68
AGName
MSX
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2011
Apparently the rumor about Sony closing the PS3 and PS Vita stores is true, because I just got an email from Sony saying exactly that. It also says in-game purchases on PSP will be shut down, and that you’ll still be able to re-download games you’ve bought on the PS3 and PS Vita. The date they’re doing it is July 2nd.
Got the email too. I'm guessing game updates are unaffected, though I wonder how much longer we will be able to download updates and already bought games.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Fs for anybody wanting to play Tekken X Street Fighter.

Works great emulated, but you're still only getting half the game.

DBloke

Registered
Sep 18, 2020
www.thenightsofgaming.com
AGName
DBloke
Fs for anybody wanting to play Tekken X Street Fighter.

Works great emulated, but you're still only getting half the game.
I have been looking into getting the DLC installed on my modded PS3, because I know one day somebody at my games night will want to play it for a few minutes before putting on ANY OTHER fighting game

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
There are some really convoluted work arounds for Street Fighter X Tekken in RPCS3 but I can't be bothered to track it down. I could get the PC Version but it ALSO needs a fan patch to work.

That leaves buying the gimped 360 version again but I don't have a working 360 I'm not sure it's worth fixing my Xenon for either. (When All I want to do on 360 is play Ridge Racer 6 , Shmups and Ninja Blade)

DBloke

Registered
Sep 18, 2020
www.thenightsofgaming.com
AGName
DBloke
There are some really convoluted work arounds for Street Fighter X Tekken in RPCS3 but I can't be bothered to track it down. I could get the PC Version but it ALSO needs a fan patch to work.

That leaves buying the gimped 360 version again but I don't have a working 360 I'm not sure it's worth fixing my Xenon for either. (When All I want to do on 360 is play Ridge Racer 6 , Shmups and Ninja Blade)
All that effort, might as well play something good instead

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I'm playing a crap ton of racing games. Mostly stuff in PPSSPP but a few goodies in RPCS3. Nascar unleashed isn't a game I'd have bought but it's FUUUUUUUUN. Sega Rally Online holds up and that's been delisted how long?

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I'm playing a crap ton of racing games. Mostly stuff in PPSSPP but a few goodies in RPCS3. Nascar unleashed isn't a game I'd have bought but it's FUUUUUUUUN. Sega Rally Online holds up and that's been delisted how long?

Sega Rally 3 via Teknoparrot is a better way to go compared to Sega Rally Online - it runs at 60fps unlike the console versions, and it supports higher resolutions (if I remember correctly, the latest version supports custom resolutions for that game, even up to 4K). Some of the games you mentioned before like Out Run Online Arcade (SDX for the arcade version) and Virtua Fighter 5 look and play better in Teknoparrot compared to a PS3 emulator (SDX for sure, not positive about VF5). The cool thing about Teknoparrot is that while it’s technically an emulator, the way the core of the game functions is more like a virtual machine - as a result these games are often very accurate and perform very well.

It sounds like a lot of the games you’re interested in are arcade ports anyway, and for those kinds of games Teknoparrot is usually the best option for playing on a PC (unless it has a PC version).

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Sega Rally 3 via Teknoparrot is a better way to go compared to Sega Rally Online - it runs at 60fps unlike the console versions, and it supports higher resolutions (if I remember correctly, the latest version supports custom resolutions for that game, even up to 4K). Some of the games you mentioned before like Out Run Online Arcade (SDX for the arcade version) and Virtua Fighter 5 look and play better in Teknoparrot compared to a PS3 emulator (SDX for sure, not positive about VF5). The cool thing about Teknoparrot is that while it’s technically an emulator, the way the core of the game functions is more like a virtual machine - as a result these games are often very accurate and perform very well.

It sounds like a lot of the games you’re interested in are arcade ports anyway, and for those kinds of games Teknoparrot is usually the best option for playing on a PC (unless it has a PC version).
I was surprised Sega Rally online ran at 30fps because it wasn't a choppy 30 like Foriza Horizon 3 or Need for Speed heat are.

Outrun 2006 or 2sp I have 3 ways, PSP version which surprised me when I played it last, looks and plays great in PPSSPP, the PS2 version which also looks good and gives me rumble, and the PC version which was the first thing I put on this PC when I got it.

I didn't know Teknoparrot was a thing, I'll have to check it out. I had some Taito Type X games but the keymapper was messed up. Like the last Power Instinct game no matter what I did mapped one of the kick buttons to the left bumper no matter what I told it to do. But anything that lets me add more Sega goodness I'm going to look into.

Speaking of the Model 2 emulator needs better mapping options. Every racing game maps to the Left stick for everything.

I'm still checking RPCS3's compatibility list I'll probably add some RPGs and a few PS3 exclusives I missed during my time with it. I'm eyeing Heavenly sword. I've been told Metal Gear Solid 4 plays in 4k via the emulator and while 3 is my preferred MGS I enjoyed my time with 4. The story made no sense though. But that's typical Kojima.

I've also started messing around with Dolphin more. but that's a subject for another thread.

Sega rally Revo is worth a look, just dont get to far into it as the CPU cars become gits and last place becomes your home
Controls in Revo seem slippery. I've been playing around with the PSP version. When I replace my broken 360 (or repair it) I'll probably grab a disc copy of Revo there.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Outrun 2006 or 2sp I have 3 ways, PSP version which surprised me when I played it last, looks and plays great in PPSSPP, the PS2 version which also looks good and gives me rumble, and the PC version which was the first thing I put on this PC when I got it.

Out Run 2 SDX in Teknoparrot is the best way to play the game in my opinion (except that the Xbox version is the only one that has the bonus tracks from Scud Race and Daytona 2). Teknoparrot is pretty cool - it does sometimes take a little work to get games running properly, but the range of games you can play with it and how well they run is pretty impressive. They update it pretty often, too.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I have been playing a little bit of Scud Race and Daytona 2 in Super Model. They are insanely fast and I don't know how accurate they are.
I love Emergency Call Ambulance as it might just be the most insane thing Sega ever produced, more so than I'm Sorry, Crazy Taxi or Yakuza's side stuff. I just wish these Sega Model Emulators mapped controls better. Some are just unplayable with what they give me.

I'm getting an 8tb Hard Drive for all my emulator stuff. I think Teknoparrot might help fill it up. I'm digging this whole get out of bed, walk 3 and I'm at a gaming museum thing I've got going.

Make a donation