• Good day, Guest!
    Flowers in Chania

OG is raising money to form a non profit community interest company enabling us to preserve more history than ever before!

Unfortunately, like most things in life this is going to cost money and we're asking for some help from the community. All users will be given donator status, along with early updates and depending on how much you help us with we'll try to chuck in some free merch!

This will cost us roughly $850 for two years including business address/phone number etc which is needed to register a business bank account within the UK.

You can help us by making a custom pledge, or by making a general pledge as it all helps us greatly. We're happy for a one time donators via Ko-Fi, Patreon asks monthly so please be aware. To prevent charge backs we're unable to accept Paypal at this time. Although once live this will be sorted too!

One time donations can be sent via our Ko-Fi,

Or for monthly please visit our Patreon, Ko-Fi is preferred as they charge us less fee's. Become a Patron of Obscure Gamers!
  • The Obscure Gamers 2020 Light and Dark themes are now live! Please report any bugs and make any suggestions you may have to a member of staff.

Price Check Internal Nintendo 3DS Prototype (2010).

Voodooween

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
Hey all !

I have this internal Nintendo 3DS Prototype (from 2010) that was used by the Nintendo Japan that I'm looking to know how much this thing could be worth :

The console has a lot of difference between the retail release like :

-No Power text near the power button.
-No wireless text near the wireless slider.
-No wireless logo beside the wireless text and underneath the wireless LED.
-No + Volume - underneath the volume slider.
-No 4.6V in underneath the AC port.
-No screw at the cartridge slot.
-No camera LED.
-No gyroscope (that what the yellow sticker says)
-No text "Off" nor 3D logo near the slider on the top screen, just a green LED that indicate when 3D is on.
-This unit doesn't have the sleep mode.
-Different L+R button connector (R connector is broken)
-Different L+R+SD card slot plastic
-Different back plate, looks like to be a test for the font
-Unreleased case color

And I think I miss a lot of them.

So, this unit has some issue like I said the R connector was cut when the last owner tried to open it (the cable was shorter than retail), it misses the top plastic (picture 1). The unit don't read standard development cartridge and you can't install modern .cia, nintendo used a different sdk back in 2010.
The CTR DevMenu has a typo "DevMeneu" instead of "DevMenu" and the version is : "21569".
The CTR CARD & TWL CARD application are beta apps and look to doesn't work (Yellow color on top screen and red on lower screen for CTR CARD & Both black screen for TWL CARD + console freezes). But perhaps this need a special cartridge.

The console is an early 2010 Prototype (X1B Motherboard = Revision 1B), plastic molding are from April 2010 and the serial start with "AAA" (Usually AAA unit were used by Nintendo them selves).

Thanks !

octavia

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Damn that thing is cool, does it run retail games? Never get to see Nintendo stuff this early

Voodooween

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
It doesn't run retail games nor late (2010) development game either. I'm still searching for an early development cartridge that could be used with this kind of unit.

I think back then nintendo wasn't quite done with the "CTR" and still used a mix between twl+early CTR stuff to test game ^^.

Developer Jeff

Developer
2020 Donator
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Intrenz
AG Join Date
Jun 29 2017 Officially As Intrenz "Active Much Longer"
Im not 100% sure of proper value, but whenever you're ready to sell shoot me a message id probably be interested.
Best of luck, and ill ask around/ share this thread. :)

Voodooween

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
Looks like I'm not the only one who's not 100% sure of the value of this haha.

Denryu

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
Denryu
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2007
I don’t think there is any past known transaction of this item, so it’s hard to put a value to it. In its not really useful and undocumented state I personally would guess it could maybe sell for around 700 to 1200 USD, but the only way to find out reliably is by asking for actual offers.
Disclaimer: I’m not among those interested in the item.