Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Is it just me or has there been a lack in interesting import only titles lately?

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
There are two kinds of people who do this.

The gaming archeologist who find games, research them and educate

And the Metal Jesus type who exist only to drive up a game's value by name dropping them.

I'd rather be the former than the latter.

Last edited:

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
The only difference between the 2 is that one has a significant internet following, and the other one doesn't.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
One educates and the other is a sell out.

I give up I thought I'd find somebody like minded on this topic but noooooooo

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
If it didn't we might not misunderstand him anymore, making him - gasp - not special!

Wrt people with a following - Don't know about y'all guys but I'm subscribed to, amongst others, Ahoy, DOS Nostalgia, GameHut, LGR, Retro Game Mechanics and RetroManCave. You'll notice that most of them usually do not just point out singular titles but focus on certain topics about games often spanning a multitude of them. Or they're about hardware (rarities, mods and/or programming), which again is a different beast altogether.
As for content from Metal Jesus, I recall the US 64DD and an interview with Al Lowe which were worthwhile. And yes, I've also watched a bunch of his "hidden gems omgwtfbbq" videos but can remember only two titles mentioned therein. In retrospect, not the best use of my time.
Which category do you want to be in?

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Your mind seems to be changing constantly on the subject...

I just wanted to talk about the fact that there doesn't seem to be as many import games that are only import games anymore and that the only ones that do seem to be coming out are physical versions of Japanese only games. Importing isn't what it used to be. When you go to a website or back of a magazine and see all these games nobody knows about. There was a thrill in that that's gone now since everything comes out world wide.

That's it, but between here and Racket Boy it's been pulled in about 50 million other directions.

Last edited:

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
> That's it, but between here and Racket Boy it's been pulled in about 50 million other directions.
I'm guessing you go by Dikdikvandik over there and started two threads with premises which have only a passing resemblance to the one in this thread? That just might explain why it turned out differently here...

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
One I made just after I got my Japanese PS2

The other I made looking for interesting Switch imports.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Sorry to bump...

But I found the interesting imports on PS4 I was looking for. There's quite a few interesting Japan only PS4 games.

Leynos

Jun 9, 2019
AGName
Ryudo
AG Join Date
7/21/12
Hardcore mecha was a huge surprise for me on PS4. If you like Metal Warriors then try it. Really great game I imported for PS4.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I have my eye on Million Author arcana blood on PS4.
Just got a Brook adapter for PS4 too...

Make a donation