Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Is it possible to cram this IDE to SD-Card Adaptor into a PS2 SCPH-70004 SLIM?

Messerjocke

Original poster
Jul 8, 2020
Hi there,

I recently got the idea to connect a SD-Cardreader to the IDE-connector of a 7000x PS2 Slim and install FreeHDBoot on it.

Since I have only peeked worked with the fat PS2 so far, I'd like to ask if one experienced Slim modder could estimate if this litte chip could fit inside a PS2 case somewhere and if so, where the best fit would be.

51yrP8mjx8L._AC_.jpg

A standard IDE connector is about 6cm wide and going by the looks of the chip it's dimensions are at most 7x3.5cm. The wide side with the pins would ideally be facing the soldering points of the IDE connector.

I did look up some deconstruction/cleaning videos on youtube, but as far as I can see, the motherboard is kind of a tight fit on the bottom of the console with little to no room left. So my best gues would fixiate the chip somewhere on the upperside and "somehow" connect it to the soldering points from there. Well either that or just toss it into the DVD tray, but that would neither be elegant nor would it leave the DVD tray operational.

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Maybe in a 79000+, but not really sure what this is for. Only models with empty space.

Slim_silver_ps2.JPG

RAPTOR115X

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
RAPTOR115X
AG Join Date
Dec 11 2016
Maybe in a 79000+, but not really sure what this is for. Only models with empty space.
-snip-
Not possible on a 79000, it lacks the IDE interface on the board, only very early slims have the IDE pins/support on the IOP for it.

AKuHAK

Registered
Jun 29, 2019
AGName
AKuHAK
AG Join Date
It is possible (I have IDE mod on my SCPH-70003). One problem - you cannot directly launch FreeHDBoot from HDD, so you need a Memory Card for launching exploit.
The second problem - it is possible that there will be not enough power (my IDE drives works very bad), so it is better to check if your device isn't very power consuming.

Make a donation