Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

DS IS Nitro Emulator bottom screen no video with screen replaced

Fred

Original poster
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
To make long story short: IS Nitro Emulator with DS Lite controller has white screen with vertical lines and no video on the bottom screen if I replace the screen. It works fine if I put the original screen back in. Both devkit and retail screens are working on a retail DS so they are not damaged.

In other words:
  • Devkit + retail screen = ❌
  • Devkit + old devkit screen = ✅
  • Retail + retail screen = ✅
  • Retail + old devkit screen = ✅

Should a DS devkit work with a retail bottom screen? The retail console I purchased for spares had many prior repair jobs done and the screen has been replaced. I have no idea how to identify a genuine DS screen but if it was a non-genuine screen, could it cause issues on devkits but not retail consoles?

WiiCurious

Jan 19, 2021
Did you ever get this sorted?

I'm curious. The DS shouldn't have any sort of hardware check on whether or not a screen is original.

It's not clear from your post if the retail screen is original? Is it possible that it's an aftermarket that consumes more power (or something) than the IS-NITRO is able to provide?

Fred

Original poster
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
Did you ever get this sorted?

I'm curious. The DS shouldn't have any sort of hardware check on whether or not a screen is original.

It's not clear from your post if the retail screen is original? Is it possible that it's an aftermarket that consumes more power (or something) than the IS-NITRO is able to provide?
I just replaced the screen with another one and it worked :) I think the first retail console which I used for spares had an aftermarket screen, it looks different compared to the other two.

Make a donation