Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Is there any way to get ripped music off an OG Xbox HDD?

Pazzard

Hi!
Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
So, I ripped some CDs on to my XBOX back in around 2002-2003, and they are from friends bands, and other stuff that I don't ever have a chance of getting back after nearly 20 years... Is there a way to get the files off the HDD? I'm assuming they were WMA encoded, but is this even possible?

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
Is your system modded in any way? I would imagine if it was modded that it would be easy to transfer them via FTP... just gotta find the directory they get ripped to.

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Once you soft mod it, it's rather simple via FTP yes.

Risk

Aug 25, 2019
AGName
Risk
AG Join Date
Nov 9, 2018
Hi,

Once softmodded. You can use "File Explorer" via your fav dashboard or use FTP to access the following directory:

Code:
E:\TDATA\FFFE0000\music

I think you can use the Xbox Soundtrack editor to access the data. Link

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
Honestly, I don't know why you would want to nab the 128kbps wmas off the Xbox's hard drive, that being, unless it's something hard to find. But again, the FTP is the only way to know that is known of as I don't think anyone has a tool to read FATX off of the HDD.

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
I don't think anyone has a tool to read FATX off of the HDD.
XBOXHDM, or any of the tools for doing forensics (ask the guys examining dev kits for file leftovers). But FTP is much less hassle...

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
XBOXHDM, or any of the tools for doing forensics. But FTP is much less hassle...

Ah, ok. I'm not too big on the Xbox scene, so I wasn't aware. I mostly wanted to weigh in on the audio quality of the wmas and how it's not really worth it for that reason.

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
He did mention they were from a friend's band.

Pazzard

Hi!
Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
Is your system modded in any way? I would imagine if it was modded that it would be easy to transfer them via FTP... just gotta find the directory they get ripped to.

Not modded, and the DVD drive only plays certain games as it's had it's day...
Once you soft mod it, it's rather simple via FTP yes.

Cheers.
Hi,

Once softmodded. You can use "File Explorer" via your fav dashboard or use FTP to access the following directory:

Code:
E:\TDATA\FFFE0000\music

I think you can use the Xbox Soundtrack editor to access the data. Link

Will look into this, thanks...
Honestly, I don't know why you would want to nab the 128kbps wmas off the Xbox's hard drive, that being, unless it's something hard to find. But again, the FTP is the only way to know that is known of as I don't think anyone has a tool to read FATX off of the HDD.

I know what you mean but it's stuff that wasn't commercial, literally stuff made by friends or obscure bands that only ever saw a release on CD-R, and all my original disks skip like hell.
XBOXHDM, or any of the tools for doing forensics (ask the guys examining dev kits for file leftovers). But FTP is much less hassle...
looking into this also... Thanks.
Ah, ok. I'm not too big on the Xbox scene, so I wasn't aware. I mostly wanted to weigh in on the audio quality of the wmas and how it's not really worth it for that reason.
It's only not worth it if there is a higher quality source available, and unfortunately there isn't, but I get what you mean.
He did mention they were from a friend's band.
↑This.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Make a donation