Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

It’s 3DO M2 demo download day!

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

I’ve been excited for this day! I am releasing the custom “M2 Demonstration Disc” which includes all the diverse demos I’ve shown on my “M2 Morsels” series...for free! (And trust me...I turned down a few four figure offers to sell the files exclusively to collectors lol)

It come with custom case art so you can put this bad boy on your shelf and make it look good! Plus a custom controller overlay.

Hope everyone enjoys it who can :) it was a super fun project getting all these running (with some help) and into a single demo disc! Plus it’s the largest release of 3DO M2 software in the M2’s history...so that’s cool!

Hopefully it’ll inspire others who may have M2 software to do the same :)

NikeX

Registered
Dec 15, 2019
Great to see and "control" Laura's son and the ape. That's exactly how I imagine real enthusiasm.
Everyone can participate in history and experience.
Outstanding work. The cover too. Has an autechre vibe. Yes, I hope others are inspired. There are still titles and demos out there.
Maybe you lit a "wildfire".

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Great to see and "control" Laura's son and the ape. That's exactly how I imagine real enthusiasm.
Everyone can participate in history and experience.
Outstanding work. The cover too. Has an autechre vibe. Yes, I hope others are inspired. There are still titles and demos out there.
Maybe you lit a "wildfire".

I just hope it’ll inspire others to release software they may have :)

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Wow, amazing! Thanks a bunch!

wheelaa

Marty fan
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
wheelaa
AG Join Date
12 April 2005
Very cool of you to do that!

(I still remember drooling over those dinosaur photos that did the rounds in various mags back in the day.)

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Unfortunately Dino doesn’t exist. Those shots were mock ups and 3DO never made working versions on actual M2 hardware

wheelaa

Marty fan
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
wheelaa
AG Join Date
12 April 2005
Oh, bums. Shows how little I've followed this.

From a quick look (2 mins), seems all the dino stuff is that orange coloured beast.

Are there other old mag scans out there? What I seem to remember was a larger darker beast on a plain featureless background, much like your vids in that other thread.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Oh, bums. Shows how little I've followed this.

From a quick look (2 mins), seems all the dino stuff is that orange coloured beast.

Are there other old mag scans out there? What I seem to remember was a larger darker beast on a plain featureless background, much like your vids in that other thread.

doesn’t ring a bell. If you find a photo post it. Might help jog my memory

NikeX

Registered
Dec 15, 2019
I like the ape demo. Tried the Demo CD with the M2 Proto Pad. There it's P not C as on the original 3DO Pad.
It seems my d-pad is confused. Right = top, left = down...

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
I like the ape demo. Tried the Demo CD with the M2 Proto Pad. There it's P not C as on the original 3DO Pad.
It seems my d-pad is confused. Right = top, left = down...

Yeah it was designed for button mapping on a standard 3DO controller for maximum compatibility :)

D

Deleted member 2631

Unfortunately Dino doesn’t exist. Those shots were mock ups and 3DO never made working versions on actual M2 hardware
Please don't spread wrong information. These were not mock-ups. While the source code is lost and would not run on any known and still existing M2 hardware anyway - being from late-1994 - the demos were real. I've just released the CES 1995 demo archive, which includes the dino assets as well: https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/release-ironblood-and-ces-1995-demos.1870/

What I seem to remember was a larger darker beast on a plain featureless background, much like your vids in that other thread.
That's the famous dino demo for the original PlayStation you describe. You probably mixed it up in your memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Arcadia

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
From what I was told by ex-employees they were never running on real hardware. They could have been mistaken

D

Deleted member 2631

Probably a matter of definition of "real hardware". They did run in real-time and were not just pre-rendered. When these were made, the M2 chipset wasn't even final, so it's true that they certainly did not run on the M2 hardware we know today. Still, that's not the same as being mock-ups or so-called target renderings.

Make a donation