Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Less than 1 week left on the Resident Evil 1 PS1 alpha prototype disc & Dracula X NTSC SNES prototype cartridge!

Pr3tty F1y

Sep 22, 2019
AGName
Pr3tty F1y
AG Join Date
7/17/18
LOL! Wata grading. The LJN of the appraisal world. Proof that whatever is contained is misrepresented, potentially fake, and a quality seal of shit.

I didn't even bother with the Resident Evil cd-rom but as far as that there Castlevania: Dracula X sample cart:

wata.png

Tyree_Cooper

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
www.youtube.com
AGName
Tyree_Cooper
AG Join Date
Jun 29, 2009
i can't wait to bid large sums on a maybe-prototype entombed in a plastic box with absolutely no screenshots provided, not even a proof that there's actually something inside the cart or that it's working:oops:
not to mention owning a thing with embarrassing stuff written on it as Pr3tty F1y listed. (And, DRACLULA)

*Additional information listed on Matrix
it's a lie, i watched matrix again and didn't find any info about this cart
0525697e551b07ef1243ba1ec8405498b49e2f7f.jpg

dannygranger

Jul 27, 2019
WATA actually devalues it for me. LMAO! Self-appointed clown group trying to bump the prices of their own shit up. A VERY shady outfit if you look them up.

snescentral

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
snescentral.com
The mistakes on the description of Dracula X are pretty embarrassing, especially after the article I wrote earlier this year when they graded a fake prototype.

dannygranger

Jul 27, 2019
Oh humanity... :(

So is this really fake ? Never heard of WATA before...but they seem to often sell rare stuff ?!

They pimped their bogus grading system on Pawn Stars trying to inflate the price of a Mario game. The guy that brought it in is part of WATA, but kept that to himself. Advertising, basically. They are nobodies who made a system up to enrich themselves.

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Oh my...roflcopter...ok I understand now.

kennypecheur

Donator
Donator
Registered
Aug 16, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
kennypecheur
AG Join Date
19/05/2014
Talking about font, that Celtic style font doesn't match any of the fonts used to promote the game. Pretty sure that if we can find the origin of this font over the Internet, its creation date will be like around 2 years ago haha (the used font looks like the one used for the differents movies).

Tyree_Cooper

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
www.youtube.com
AGName
Tyree_Cooper
AG Join Date
Jun 29, 2009
The Dracula X cart does look legit though...? Why didn't they provide a screenshot or a video of it running? I find this stupid. They're selling protos like rare coins or bookshelves with zero interest and info about the content. The date is pretty early so it must be different, or they tested and found it to be exactly the same... I'm lost.

snescentral

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
snescentral.com
The Dracula X prototype is legit, and previous auctions on Ebay state that it has differences from final. What differences those are, I have no idea.

Reactions: Pazzard

x1z36x

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
Xzx123
AG Join Date
Mar 19, 2013
They're selling protos like rare coins or bookshelves with zero interest and info about the content.
That's pretty much Heritage Auctions in a nutshell. Their primary buyer base is people who deal in games as investment pieces, people with a vested interest in keeping prices high.

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
So is the printing on the Resident Evil disc. Yes, that is exactly how a test burn of a prototype build should look. ;) Fancy fonts, printed with a color ink-jet printer, but why even mention any date or even the system the disc is for? It can't scream "fake" any louder.
It's a screen printed disc, not inkjet, and the font was actually first released in 1988, and became mainstream in 1991 through the Adobe Font subscription service, and was used in several early promo ads for RE 1, and a few for RE 2. Not saying it isn't fake, but those two things are red herrings. Capcom used to screen print a lot of their test discs.

Talking about font, that Celtic style font doesn't match any of the fonts used to promote the game. Pretty sure that if we can find the origin of this font over the Internet, its creation date will be like around 2 years ago haha (the used font looks like the one used for the differents movies).
It does, but only early stuff. Like I said in the previous post it was 1988 then 1991 for it's Adobe subscription release.

kennypecheur

Donator
Donator
Registered
Aug 16, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
kennypecheur
AG Join Date
19/05/2014
It's a screen printed disc, not inkjet, and the font was actually first released in 1988, and became mainstream in 1991 through the Adobe Font subscription service, and was used in several early promo ads for RE 1, and a few for RE 2. Not saying it isn't fake, but those two things are red herrings. Capcom used to screen print a lot of their test discs.

It does, but only early stuff. Like I said in the previous post it was 1989 then 1991 for it's other release
Never saw a such font to promote the game. Curious to see some examples ;)

discworld

Registered
Feb 2, 2020
AGName
discworld
AG Join Date
the resident evil alpha is absolutely fake in that time there was never such a font style.("Resident Evil")

snescentral

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
snescentral.com
I think I am willing to believe it is real. But the fact remains that this particular demo has already been dumped (apparently) and also postdates the Japanese release and therefore definitely not worth $4000 that it is currently sitting at. If it had some provenance info, it would help a lot, otherwise doubts will remain.

Tyree_Cooper

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
www.youtube.com
AGName
Tyree_Cooper
AG Join Date
Jun 29, 2009
sorry for the ot but that magazine ad is great! love the scary room corner angle with patched wall, and the text blurb really makes me want to play

Make a donation