Welcome to Obscure Gamers

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

OG Group Buy 2.0

OG is trying to raise money to save hundreds of discs. We need to secure a few to start which'll help us get trust from the seller. If you're able to help please check the spreadsheet on google. Thank you!

Things to Batty for you?

You can disable the halloween effects by visiting User Preferences and hitting the "Disable holiday styling" option.

Dreamcast List of seen GD-Rs #2

thedoctor45

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
So lately I've been having too much spare time on my hands, so I thought I might as well put it to good use and resurrect this old Assembler topic by compiling a detailed collection of pics from various released & unreleased Dreamcast prototype GD-Rs that have been floating around out there at some point in history.

Just like last time, please don't hesitate to complement the list with your own web-findings or add GD-R photos of your own personal collection if you want.

The links below include all the GD-R shots & info i was able to find on the net so far:

If you spot any errors or inconsistencies please let me know and I'll take care of it.

regards
doc

Last edited:

Wombat

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
VIP
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Nice one!
Besides photo's did you perhaps also compile a list in writing? If so it would great to share it here.

thedoctor45

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, are you looking for any additional info (besides the one that's already included in the filenames)?

PS: Also, does anyone know what the Katana GD-Rs labeled "GOLF" and "GUNDAM" actually are?

Last edited:

Slayer2k8

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dreamcastcollector.com
I'm the current owner for quite a few of these. I know that some are from longtime owners but some have changed hands multiple times before they came into my possession.

thedoctor45

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. If you have anything to add to the collection please don't hesitate. It would be nice to have a near complete archive of all GD-R discs currently in the hands of private collectors.

Blai

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Blai
AG Join Date
I am the original poster of this thread on Assemblergames

It's nice to see that these are not lost

Let's make the list grow :D

Tachikoma

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Tachikoma
AG Join Date
Some time in March 2004...? hard to remember exactly when, but the forum backup has posts going back to then so let's go with that!
Must have a trawl through my photos, I had quite a few back in the day. Always gutted I sold my Space Channel 5 GDR as I'm still a huge SC5 nut, but the contents of the GDR were the same as the white label so didn't see a reason to keep hold of it for some stupid reason.

thedoctor45

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
Great, the more the merrier! Fyi there‘s just been another unreleased title discovered for the DC called "Ring - Legend of the Nibelungen".
I'll put out an updated List tomorrow.

Blai

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Blai
AG Join Date
Maybe you can fish some out of these lists for the excel file:

Blai

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Blai
AG Join Date
Thanks for your efforts @thedoctor45

I have around 300 photos of GD-Rs - including the ones I once posted in assemblergames - so I can send you the ones not present in your mediafire link :)