Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Looking for Extreme G 3 Source

Goemon

Registered
Feb 15, 2020
AGName
Goemon
AG Join Date
Interesting but I have to admit, for me only XG1 was really cool.

nullChar

Registered
May 23, 2019
AGName
nullChar
AG Join Date
1/12/2012
I watched the same thread from "myroot" a few years ago.
When I saw that AG was going to die I sent him a message, hoping that he wouldn't lose contact with the scene. I mentioned that if he were to return, to make a thread on OG.

Not sure they saw my message, as I never got a reply. :(
Hope we'll hear back from them at some point.

swaglord

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
I watched the same thread from "myroot" a few years ago.
When I saw that AG was going to die I sent him a message, hoping that he wouldn't lose contact with the scene. I mentioned that if he were to return, to make a thread on OG.

Not sure they saw my message, as I never got a reply. :(
Hope we'll hear back from them at some point.
oh yeah bro saw you in another thread. Yeah back then, I couldn't make an AG account for some reason, kept getting locked out.

Same, hope he returns.

MRKane

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
MRKane05
AG Join Date
May 16, 2016
Man I love this game series! I'll be keen to see what you manage to find!

nullChar

Registered
May 23, 2019
AGName
nullChar
AG Join Date
1/12/2012
A DreamCast port could be possible ?
If all the game source is included, I don't see why not.
Would likely be a huge amount of work to port PS2-specific implementation to DC, but it might be possible.

I've already done some digging in the codebase, and it includes gameplay code as well as a bunch of Windows tool code.
I don't have a PS2 development environment configured to try to get the game code building, but I'll take a stab at getting the "AIEdit" tool working. Here's the splash screen (which I think we've seen before in the original AG posts from myroot):

AIEdit_SS2.jpg
The package includes an AIEdit Release executable, which I've tried to run on Win10, but fails with the following:
error.png

No luck so far beyond that. The full source for the tool is included, so I'll dig in this weekend and try to get the editor starting up at least.

Reactions: MRKane

Originalleaker

Apr 21, 2021
AGName
myroot
AG Join Date
01/2/2017
Hi everyone, sorry to bump this thread but I am glad you all found the archieve source code, I am myroot from assembler games, Im happy to see some interest in this! I wonder if we should get a discord going, maybe we can all learn on this together!

Reactions: nullChar

swaglord

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
Hi everyone, sorry to bump this thread but I am glad you all found the archieve source code, I am myroot from assembler games, Im happy to see some interest in this! I wonder if we should get a discord going, maybe we can all learn on this together!
Yo what's up dude, I've been kinda busy lately(which is unfortunate), but I'd be down to join

Reactions: MRKane

Make a donation