• Hey, Guest!

XenForo 2.2 is coming soon, it's bringing many new features such as a PWA app for OG etc. It also comes with the drawback of more costs to update themes/some addons. It'll also remove access to some older browsers which'll suck but these shouldn't be used as their security sucks.

With the costs already looming we decided to improve OG's look with a new fancy theme that gives OG a more gamer feel. This has cost us only slightly more than it would have cost to renew the current theme and runs alot nicer.

You can beta test it here: Linky. (Please note only dark is live, light will come once issues are ironed out.)

If the current theme breaks on update we will end of life it, but we'll make something looking similar based on the default free theme so don't fret!

Looking for interest in possible UK OG meetup..

Where would you like to meetup?

• Total voters
Once Covid's been kicked down......

With the amount of lockdowns in the UK and worldwide we all need something to look forward too. Which is why I'm asking for interest in doing a possible OG meetup sometime late in 2020 or 2021. This is all depending on how fast a cure is found.

I'm thinking some sort of meetup with music, food, booze (for over 18's..) and screens hooked up with games to play etc. And possibly (if we can get consent from developers) to show of some developer builds and allow users to play.

The only issue here is I'm out in the middle of nowhere which is why I've made a poll for locations in the UK that users would be interested in. All will have train/bus links.

Depending on the location and amounts I'll let users know. It may have a small entry fee but this is only so we know and I'll list venue locations on the two top voted areas.

Numbers likely would be limited to around 100 users but depending on how many request, and depending on how much to rent we can sort something maybe with higher but I don't see many coming.

Comments

Hey there

First time here, so hello there all.
Found this website whilst looking at Dreamcast games and the forum brought me here.

My name is James and I am based in Nottingham and run a Retro Gaming Business so, whenever everything goes back to normal a meet up at Leicester would be best for me (voted).

Look forward to reading more forums as it's been many years since I've been active on forums but seem to have somewhat more time on my hands lately.

Thanks
James
ItsMuchMore

Coming from Australia, I'd say this isn't a bad idea at all, Damien! I have no clue about where anything is in the U.K., but I would be open to wherever it's being hosted.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Leicester is the closest for me but it's still a fair trek though not as far if folks are coming from USA :O

Stoner.

it's a canny hike for me (Newcastle based) but meh, why not.
I love a good drive out.

bit of an edit:
If people are travelling a decent distance then I hope whoever is local has decent takeaway recomendations,
I have never met a fellow Englishman who didn't know where to get the best kebab in his own town, Please don't let this be a first ;)

Last edited:
Hey there

First time here, so hello there all.
Found this website whilst looking at Dreamcast games and the forum brought me here.

My name is James and I am based in Nottingham and run a Retro Gaming Business so, whenever everything goes back to normal a meet up at Leicester would be best for me (voted).

Look forward to reading more forums as it's been many years since I've been active on forums but seem to have somewhat more time on my hands lately.

Thanks
James
ItsMuchMore
Sounds like your business would be the perfect place for everyone to meet up at :p