Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Looking for specific 3DO M2 software

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Ok so I want to see who else, if anyone, might be sitting on 3DO M2 software. I am working on a doc on the history of the M2, so all info helps.

Things I know exist but do not possess :
Dolphin Demo
Vizhouse
Fire Safety Software : 防災シミュレーションシステム
CDMotion for M2/MX (a utility to create codeless apps for M2 kiosks. Found numerous references but archive.org’s DL link of the app itself is broken :-/
Whatever the hell this is lol...

jukunen.jpg

Who knows what else is out there!

If you have something undumped that I don't, please let me know. Offering $ for content. It's my goal to make the most comprehensive look at the M2 possible!

I'll set the bounty at $100 per piece of software I don't have :)

Last edited:

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Bueller...Bueller...lol

rewak

Feb 10, 2019
The M2 interested me since seeing screenshots of D2 in a magazine. I've tried to collect the shots I could find of it here;

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
The M2 interested me since seeing screenshots of D2 in a magazine. I've tried to collect the shots I could find of it here;

I have all those on my computer plus some others not in your album. recently I’ve been collecting the source magazines a lot of these images come from so I can scan them in high res. Additionally I have a few D books to scan as well with content from the M2 version.

none of the magazines ran photos (at least the ones I have) that seem to indicate they had an alpha or beta. They all seem like low resolution photos most likely sent to them by WARP or Panasonic Wondertainment.

The only verifiable source I know that had actual files (long since lost) was an ex-3DO dev who was gracious enough to send me the vhs captures of the alpha footage I showcased and upressed to my YouTube channel.

I hold out hope it’ll show up one day but every rumor and lead I’ve chased down has been a dead end :( but I’ll always keep looking lol

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Family photo of my real disc software for M2

Reactions: Hazard

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Sorry some photos are upside down. They my iPad but they are on here.

That’s a taste of what I have. Will post more when I have more time

rewak

Feb 10, 2019
The only footage of D2 i've found outside the VHS is the same footage you have on your channe from TGS, just a different source

There were a few variations of the intro sequence published on Japanese 3DO demo discs too, I might have the ISO's of the discs somewhere but never got the magazines.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
I have that video too. I just used the other one for my video.

3DO Live Disc 7 and 10 have videos of D2, as does the D2 on Dreamcast if you have a save from the D2 Shock demo and the Japanese version. Those are the sources I know of motion content

I’ll post more later today!

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Here's a fun French ad for when Disruptor was still in development for the M2. It's the game that that clearly CGI FPS video at CES ended up turning into

Cedar J

Jun 11, 2019
AGName
StuBlad
AG Join Date
Feb 18, 2014
SDK 3.1 (I released this off a donation from someone. Still can't get it to open in OS 9, but that might be that I am using an emulator)
@Awbacon SheepShaver? If you haven't tried out QEMU, I'd recommend that. It seems a bit more stable than SheepShaver.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
@Awbacon SheepShaver? If you haven't tried out QEMU, I'd recommend that. It seems a bit more stable than SheepShaver.

Yes Sheepsaver. I was able to get the 2.7 SDK to run, but the 3.1 one refuses to mount. I think it's because the image is made in OS X and when I deal with it in Windows something breaks. I need to get an iBook G3 and try it natively in X/9

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
From which magazine the ad appears? Just curious...

Unfortunately I have zero idea. Someone sent me the scan like five years ago unfortunately

dutchconsolefreak

Jul 6, 2019
AGName
dutchconsolefreak
AG Join Date
Sep 8, 2005
Completely unrelated but i was wondering, has the polystars bios ever been tested in the fz-35 kiosk unit?

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
No, at least not that I’ve known. The kiosk bios chips aren’t socketed, so you’d have to desolder the chip, fit a socket, and test. I don’t think anyone is going to do that with such rare hardware

But the bios entirely changes how the M2 a) handles button inputs and b) audio and video out. There is no video encoder on the Konami M2 board. It’s on the JAMMA sub board.

So basically it just wouldn’t do much

Make a donation