Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Making a consolised Neo Geo

Daikath

Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
AGName
Daikath
Hi I did a lot of research on getting a neo geo motherboard and consolizing it. I am going to write down my conclusions here, this is the first time I'm doing it. So if someone else more experienced can look at what I'm planning and confirm I'm doing the right thing I would be grateful.

I am using this pinout. https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=JAMMA_connector_pinout

I am going to use a ATX power supply from a old computer I have and using this pinout.

I will connect each ground, 5v and 12 to separate pinouts from the power supply to a 5v, 12v or ground pin on a 56 pin edge connector attached to the motherboard, with a female and male 8 pin connector in between to more easily swap out power supplies in the future.

I live in europe so we are using the scart standard for CRT tv's. I will connect the red, green, blue, sync and ground signals to a 1k ohm potentiometer to make sure the colors appear right. The signal is the same but the strength of the signals is higher on a neo geo motherboard. I am wondering if I also need to put a 1k potentiometer to the left and right audio signals... I would just connect these more directly since not a lot can break in a cable and plug..

Then using a male and female db15 connector. I will connect the 56 pin connector to a controller, where a arcade joystick and buttons are linked to do all the up, right, a, b, etc buttons. Also making the controller more easily swapped in the future. Thankfully even the neo geo home hardware makes connecting buttons easy.

I think this should give me the means to consolize a neo geo to work on a pal crt for me and my buddy to play true to the arcade in our home. If anyone would like to confirm this I'd really appreciate it.

Daikath

Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
AGName
Daikath
Thanks for the answer Windjammer. I did not have a good plan at first, thank you for warning me.

Just updating with some further research in case anyone else finds this.

I found this video showing the resistors and stuff necessary to safely hook up a neo geo to a euro scart plug

Over here there are some tutorials in order to make the board 5V only and a stereo mod to do after that. The 5V mod makes sure a 5V phoine charger can power it. Plus the stereo mod can extract a stereo signal from a monoboard and also give you line leve outputs to connect to a scart plug too.

Make a donation