ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Originally posted by user "code1038" on AG, I got his permit to re-start the whole story here :

Its a "game" for the DS, meant to train McDonalds employees.
It got dumped but is not public (yet).

It asks for a "password" before you actually can start the game and probably needs an active WiFi connection...

A lot of HexEditing was done by now and different people tried / still try, to reverse engineer this ROM.

There are actually 2 different versions and a special McDonalds Nintendo DS handheld.

1st of all, some photos :

One was the eCDP NTR-CRUJ-JPN, training for newcomers :
(thats the one we discussing here)

cartridge 1.jpg

And one is the NTR-TREJ-JPN training game for workers :

cartridge 2.jpg

I found a guy on twitter with various McDonalds Nintendo stuff :

cartridge 11.jpgcartridge 12.jpgcartridge 13.jpg

And various google results :

cartridge 14.jpgcartridge 15.jpgcartridge 16.jpgcartridse 3.jpgcartridse 4.jpgcartridse 5.jpgcartridse 6.jpgcartridse 7.jpgcartridse 8.jpgcartridse 9.jpgcartridse 10.jpg

Textures and music have already been extracted, but the (how to) "login code" is still missing.

I started this post, as we are getting closer to the finsh line...

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
Learning About The Mc-DSI
AG Join Date
Discussing The Mcdonalds DSI
: ) (Although im aware its out there but barely talked about) I have never been able to find any of this extra-content and media related to this particular DSI, But i have one of the DSI's.. Just havent been able to do anything more related to it because of not knowing where to go, Despite having so many questions about this unanswered. Also, Who was this guy on twitter who has all this? I would love a copy of one of those DS games. Hi btw.

QUOTE="ItsMeMario, post: 8417, member: 426"]
Originally posted by user "code1038" on AG, I got his permit to re-start the whole story here :

It asks for a "password" before you actually can start the game and probably needs an active WiFi connection...

A lot of HexEditing was done by now and different people tried / still try, to reverse engineer this ROM.

There are actually 2 different versions and a special McDonalds Nintendo DS handheld.

View attachment 4420

View attachment 4421

View attachment 4422View attachment 4423View attachment 4424

View attachment 4425View attachment 4426View attachment 4427View attachment 4428View attachment 4429View attachment 4430View attachment 4431View attachment 4432View attachment 4433View attachment 4434View attachment 4435

Textures and music have already been extracted, but the (how to) "login code" is still missing.

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: PixelCrunch

ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
A lot has been done to this ROM...but we truly need a "Nintendo Reverse Engineer" here to get any further.

I have no idea who this guy on twitter is.

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
AG Join Date
Oh yes, I am well aware of that, I learned about similar difficulties way back when i was sold this thing.. My current desire is simply to aquire the mcdonalds DSI's accessories, I would pay a lot for each of them if you ever happen to find extras, Because even if someone does reverse engineer them, How will that help anyone wanting to put this collection together quicker? Not trying to one-up or something, Just curious about the information relating to this item. The pink picture i attached with a 'station' in it for example? I have no other photos or info about that either. What i would DO for one of those! These photos youve compiled here from.. Wherever they somehow came from are just simply amazing on their own after all these years of being in the dark about it, Even very few JP sellers were able to help after months of questioning.

A lot has been done to this ROM...but we truly need a "Nintendo Reverse Engineer" here to get any further.

I have no idea who this guy on twitter is.

Attachments

• DSi Mcdonalds station.JPG
    DSi Mcdonalds station.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 0
  • (5) 20161213_232736.jpg
    (5) 20161213_232736.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Wasnt there a Station at McDonalds to download game demos in japan ?
I dont think it was made to connect with the trainign ROM.

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
AG Join Date
Dunno, Heard the DS could be used to order meals through the station at participating venues, And.. The information is just a cluster of confusion to a foreigner to me. The station was also just an example of one device there i would pay through the nose to get and perhaps let alone a few photos of. I care about these things many will just throw into a dumpster. Anything to salvage our fragile history. These things would be in a physical-museum for all to share in id gladly show people around in every day if i had the facility and or enough partners to go in on it with who cared enough. On a side note.. Thank YOU to the fullest for making this thread, Or whoever did. :>

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
AG Join Date
Damn.. I searched and searched and never even FOUND those images shown above.. : /

Ekoy

Registered
Apr 13, 2020
AGName
AG Join Date
Wasnt there a Station at McDonalds to download game demos in japan ?
I dont think it was made to connect with the trainign ROM.

Well anyway just so were clear, I didnt get into this just to buy and hoard rare things all to myself with no one able to see them again. Im a preservationist, Interested as much as you are in seeing the cartridges translated - Cartridges i was told at the start of getting into this 'were just data that was erased upon the employee leaving the job and not actual cartridges'.

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008

code1038

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
code1038
eBay Username
code1038
i've found a guy who has a full access to menu.
i need someone to contact him and get access

Actually, i can only do that :

seller: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller/nanvata_0122

pancake

May 21, 2020
Just to clear up any possible confusion, the photo of the 5 upside down DSi LLs are 'Nintendo DS Classroom' (ニンテンドーDS教室) units, used in Japanese schools to help teach english around 2008-2009, with DS Lite Units being used in 2008 as the DSi LL/XL had not yet been released. (Possibly 2010/2011 as well, but with the 3DS' release, one of the schools that received the units said in a blog post, something along the lines of 'We are not using them much anymore, and are opting to learn programming instead, through the use of the Nintendo 3DS.' if I remember correctly.)

View attachment 4420

View attachment 4421

View attachment 4422View attachment 4423View attachment 4424

View attachment 4425View attachment 4426View attachment 4427View attachment 4428View attachment 4429View attachment 4430View attachment 4431View attachment 4432View attachment 4433View attachment 4434View attachment 4435

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ItsMeMario

code1038

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
code1038
eBay Username
code1038
Just to clear up any possible confusion, the photo of the 5 upside down DSi LLs are 'Nintendo DS Classroom' (ニンテンドーDS教室) units, used in Japanese schools to help teach english around 2008-2009, with DS Lite Units being used in 2008 as the DSi LL/XL had not yet been released. (Possibly 2010/2011 as well, but with the 3DS' release, one of the schools that received the units said in a blog post, something along the lines of 'We are not using them much anymore, and are opting to learn programming instead, through the use of the Nintendo 3DS.' if I remember correctly.)

i got one, and it have funny stuff inside :) (i will open a thread i think)

code1038

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
code1038
eBay Username
code1038
i got new stuff today

Unfortunately, the service was discontinued about 5 years ago, Because they couldn’t rewrite original data card in their just update timing.

the codes seem to be generated by the site. there is a hardware lock that link it to the console.
so if I find the code, it will immediately be inoperative on another console :/

i will share more info later :)

capturemcdo1.PNGcapturemcdo2.PNG

Last edited:

code1038

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
code1038
eBay Username
code1038
uncensored picture with real value

2192.png

Last edited:

ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
What a "nice" way to secure a cartridge game. :oops:

code1038

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
code1038
eBay Username
code1038
I just found this capture. Architecture look like the save data, but i can't "read" it :/

Generic capture:
1598389423434.png

Actual savegame:
savefilesmcdo.PNG

If somebody can translate ^^

code1038

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
code1038
eBay Username
code1038
FINALLY !

i've translated savegame and read logins & passwords !

CRUJN6_00__25384.png

code1038

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
code1038
eBay Username
code1038
STORY:

A contact meet the IT director of Mcdonald's of my country.
He bring with him a DSi Mcdonald's and some captures i have made with translation.
After work, he show him the console and captures, the it guys was like "OMG ! i can touch it ? i can take pictures ?" and after that "don't moove". He went to the CEO desk and ask to see his wife.
CEO's wife is Japanese and work at Mcdonald's Japan !

thumbnailmcdo.jpg

She looked my capture with translation and say "thats good, translation is correct" but she don't know existance about this stuff. She has made contact with some people in japan & Australia (because some japanese move to Australia) & Few week later, i got an email correspondence between lot of people around the globe (europe, UK, australia, Japan).

They give me the manual and somes informations.

0.jpgESMART_PAGE1.PNG

The service was shutted down 5 years ago - because it was no longer possible to update the contents of the cartridge as quickly as the procedure changes

unfortunatly, they couldn't give me a valid password obviously, the password system is very elaborate.

But one screenshot give me hope: i've found similarity with savegame architecture - 1 Manager with behind, crew members attached to

2211.png
savefilesmcdo.PNG

i've spend an half day to try to translate HEX caracter with in game caracter.
AND FINALLY, i've found at 0x022544C0, on ram memory, it's the translation of input text on screen
and with some reverse engineering later, i got a valid login & password from my save game. ET VOILAtranslation_table.PNG
Crew member have store N° attached to them
so you can read STORE N° > LOGIN > PASSWORD (6 consecutive characters)
Capturecrew.PNG

for the manager, he has an extra number. i think it's the registration number delivered by Mcdonald's website, attached to MAC address but is not used anymore.
so you can read LOGIN > PASSWORD > STORE N° > EXTRA N°
Capturemgr.PNG

Thx to ItsMeMario who helped me along this research

Last edited:

Make a donation