Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

MD Megasis development tools for somebody who has no idea what they are doing.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I really really want to make a video game. Making something for modern hardware is going to be too expensive so I figured I'd look into doing something for the Genedrive.

Thing is I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing but would at least like to attempt to do something. What tools are out there? I have an actual console and an Everdrive but nothing to build sprites on, or manipulate them or anything that can help me put whatever it is I crap out on to an actual Megasis.

So any anybody be of service here?

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
I really really want to make a video game. Making something for modern hardware is going to be too expensive so I figured I'd look into doing something for the Genedrive.

Thing is I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing but would at least like to attempt to do something. What tools are out there? I have an actual console and an Everdrive but nothing to build sprites on, or manipulate them or anything that can help me put whatever it is I crap out on to an actual Megasis.

So any anybody be of service here?
Learn C, make a basic PC game with it, like Pong or Tetris clones.

No need to learn to swim in the deep end of the pool.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
So I've had a really REALLY shitty day. I got into a petty argument with a "Friend" that was almost my boiling point with said "Friend". I'll make a joke with them and I don't know if it's going to piss him off or if he will actually fight what I'm saying funny. Today he decided to go off on me. So there that then I got really frustrated with my lack of progress in getting the game I've been trying to make made. Then just every single bit of technology around me just started to refuse to work. Then there was dinner I won't even get into that. I've just had a shitty day.

But in my grumpy semi depressed state I found a solution to my game problem. See the game I WANT TO MAKE I can't. I simple don't have the money to fund it, build a team, hire musicans and voice actors and I need a very specific voice for my main character as she has an Irish accent. It's impossible. It's more impossible becuase I live in Rhode Island and nobody is going to give out a loan to start a game studio in Rhode Island. BUT said "Friend" has shat out some Genesis rom hacks. I have an everdrive, I have a vague idea about how the hardware works, I have a friend who wants to help with the coding. I have a ton of people who want to help with music. I think I can crap something out if I find some artists but there are some lingering questions about other modern Genesis projects.

Why did Pier Solar take 8 years to develop?

What went into making Xeno Crisis?

Why did Tanglewood take so long?

I'm not trying to make a Pier Solar or a Tanglewood. I'd just like to make a nice beat em up with some good music and semi decent sprite work recycling the same 6 palette swapped enemies over and over again hoping nobody notices. I have SOME people to help but not everyone I need and I'll probably have to do some stuff myself. So...that's where I'm looking into development tools that won't make me want to break everything within 20 feet of me.

Last edited:

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I have a Mega Everdrive, but I don't have an n8. The biggest reason I want to do a genesis game over anything else is I want to take full advantage of the YM 2612.

Last edited:

Make a donation