Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Metropolis Street Racer E3 2000 GD-R (oldengineer)

Blai

Original poster
Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
Hi,

Back in 2006, there was a website from a guy by the name of Oldengineer (www.oldengineer.com)

This website showcased a GD-R of Metropolis Street Racer with the caption "E3 Alpha".

Metropolis Street Racer (E3 prototype).jpg

It used to be hosted here:

http://oldengineer.com/gallery/v/sega/msr/

Internet Wayback Machine snapshot:

https://web.archive.org/web/20061127012802/http://oldengineer.com/gallery/v/sega/msr/

There were 3 screenshots of the contents of this GD-R in the website. Unfortunately, Internet Wayback Machine only captured 2 out of the 3 screenshots displayed there, never saving the title screen screenshot.

Is there any chance that someone here saved that image or that this proto is released somewhere?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

Blai

Original poster
Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
Found it :)

Had the 3 photos in an old hard drive.

Here they are, for if someone wants to see them:

msr0.jpg dash 38.jpg dash 28.jpg

Reactions: Hazard and Arcadia

Slayer2k8

Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
I have tons of stuff relating to this game these are earlier not sure if your interested in these or just the E3demo?

Metropolis street racer.jpg

Attachments

• MSR 02.jpg
    MSR 02.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Blai

Blai

Original poster
Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
I'm interested in everything MSR related @Slayer2k8 so if you have more images, please post them all. Thanks!

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
So which one of you is Tom from DCJY? Or are both of you Tom? :p

Slayer2k8

Registered
Mar 1, 2019
dreamcastcollector.com
Sorry for going off topic but neither of us are!
Like many many others I have helped both Tom & Mike with some information but i'm nothing to do with the DCJY.
I have my own site which documents my Factory sealed Japanese Dreamcast collection by each publisher/studio and also incorporates Not for Sale, sample & promotional items released in support of the various games.
.m03.jpgMSR7.jpgMSR1.jpgMSR2.jpgMSR3.jpgMSR4.jpg

Blai also has his own site which i'll leave to him to describe.

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
Sorry for going off topic but neither of us are!
Like many many others I have helped both Tom & Mike with some information but i'm nothing to do with the DCJY.
I have my own site which documents my Factory sealed Japanese Dreamcast collection by each publisher/studio and also incorporates Not for Sale, sample & promotional items released in support of the various games.
Blai also has his own site which i'll leave to him to describe.
I was joking, because Tom is such an MSR nutter. That's not to say that it isn't a great game, it is.
I'm pretty sure he goes by something like Tomleecee here.
Thank you for enlightening me on your other projects, that sort of stuff is always good to have in your backpocket when you're lurking in the depths of obscure videogame related interwebs. 👍

Reactions: Slayer2k8

dark

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
Thanks for the pics Slayer! I always enjoy seeing early versions of MSR, it changed a lot during development. Anyone have video of the version that allegedly had "Sega rally" style handling? I think it used to exist on ign.com as preview material.

Blai

Original poster
Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
@Americandad neither of us is Tom, as you already said :p

I'm Blai (that's my real name), founder of a spanish Dreamcast site that's been running for the past 13 years (I don't know if posting the url here is against the rules, but it is in spanish so it is not of much use for the majority of the audience here anyway).

Back on topic, thanks @Slayer2k8 for those shots. MSR is my favourite Dreamcast game, rivalling Sonic Adventure and Shenmue. Any new pics, demos, betas or pieces of development info is always welcome :) although maybe in new topics from here on to not hijack the original post.

Reactions: Americandad

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
@Americandad neither of us is Tom, as you already said :p

I'm Blai (that's my real name), founder of a spanish Dreamcast site that's been running for the past 13 years (I don't know if posting the url here is against the rules, but it is in spanish so it is not of much use for the majority of the audience here anyway).
I don't think anyone will object, we're all about sharing information here, please link.

Reactions: Americandad

Blai

Original poster
Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
I don't think anyone will object, we're all about sharing information here, please link.

Hi Arcadia, I held on to this until the new minisite for the magazine was finished.

I am the founder of the site dreamcast.es, which is a spanish site dedicated to the Sega Dreamcast. Today there's several people in the admin staff but me, I'm not publishing that much over there anymore.

I kind of forked from the main site in 2014 and created an online magainze in pdf that I now offer here for free:

https://revista.dreamcast.es

In the magazine, which I make all by myself with the help of occasional people sending me reviews, I talk about official games, homebrew games, a 'Did you know...' section, a collector's corner, I talk about one cancelled game per number... Also I have made some interviews to the Pier Solar creators, I'm preparing interviews now to the Alice Dreams staff for number 7, etc. I'm slowly making 2 numbers per year with the news of that year + the mentioned sections and I'm at year 2017 right now (I stopped at some point due to life's busyness and I'm behind schedule... but back on track).

Sadly, the magazine is in spanish only, but maybe if anyone is interested in a certain article can translate it through Google after downloading the pdf.

A Metropolis Street Racer oriented number is in the making, similar to what I have just made with F355 Challenge and all its Arcade Cabinets, betas and comparisons:

1e3b64ac8057f82dc55d6fb3ac293d0co[1].png

Last edited:

Dans34

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
We have no issues with people posting links that are on topic and add to the thread discussion

Make a donation