Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 6, 2021
Donations
£5.00
Hello everyone,

I saw this video which appears to present a pre-release version of Motorstorm Apocalypse, with dev tools and unreleased maps.

Has this version been found yet? Was this version already known to exist?

Here's some Twitter posts by one of the original Motorstorm devs for context.

Reactions: Anthony817

regal.

Donator
Donator
Jan 11, 2021
Donations
£5.00
eBay Username
regalll
Hi, Rushy is actually wrong here. This is the retail build.

The uploader of that video never shared their method, so I worked it out some time ago.

First unpack ms3.psarc, then:

uncomment and remove the ignoreinbuild tags from these, found in carrier_menus.xml
1621453670040.png
1621453701986.png

and remove this ignoreinbuild tag from skin.xml
1621453885798.png

repack the two files into ms3patchv0106.psarc (or whatever your game is updated to. if 1.00 then just make direct edits to the game files) and you're set
there are some other interesting ignoreinbuilds too if you look around in files some more, there are some debug options for the vehicle customisation
multiplayer server browser, and actually some multiplayer 'cheats' like instant betting wins, ability to win vote regardless of the outcome etc but ofc won't work because servers are down

And as for the pre-release DLC maps, load them in 1.00 (pretty sure it's 1.00 anyway, if it doesn't work try other early versions).

Also, this all works the same in the Jan 26th 2011 build from Terarelease.

:)

Tezteezz

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 6, 2021
Donations
£5.00
Hi, Rushy is actually wrong here. This is the retail build.

The uploader of that video never shared their method, so I worked it out some time ago.
Wow, thanks for answering! This is much more than I expected!

However, I have no idea how to unpack a ps3 game, nor do I have much experience in this field. Can you please link me the tool you used to unpack and edit the game?

And by the way, are you familiar with doing this to any other motorstorm game, or any game? I'm trying to learn a bit :)

Thanks!

regal.

Donator
Donator
Jan 11, 2021
Donations
£5.00
eBay Username
regalll
No worries!

Unpacking is fairly easy, there are a few programs that can unpack .psarc files, the one I like to use is PSArcTool.

Do you mean, am I familiar with enabling dev options? Or just, tweaking the games in general?

Method to get dev options is of course going to be different with every game (provided they even exist in the retail build), Apocalypse is the only one I have really investigated and got it working.

Though I mainly mess around with Pacific Rift, I make some small mods for it. That's all :)

Tezteezz

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 6, 2021
Donations
£5.00
No worries!

Unpacking is fairly easy, there are a few programs that can unpack .psarc files, the one I like to use is PSArcTool.
Thanks! I'll check it out!

Yeah I was seeing if I met anyone interested in ms games, and how they worked aswell. I can see you do!
I just really have a hard time finding ms fans anywhere. Its mostly dead, and no one talks about them anymore. I had hopes someone was working on reviving multiplayer for these games.

Anyway, thanks for everything!

Reactions: Frycopy

regal.

Donator
Donator
Jan 11, 2021
Donations
£5.00
eBay Username
regalll
Thanks! I'll check it out!

Yeah I was seeing if I met anyone interested in ms games, and how they worked aswell. I can see you do!
I just really have a hard time finding ms fans anywhere. Its mostly dead, and no one talks about them anymore. I had hopes someone was working on reviving multiplayer for these games.

Anyway, thanks for everything!
No problem. And yeah, a lot of the communities for the MS games are pretty dead nowadays. We do have a fairly active Discord server though, don't know if I'm allowed to post an invite here but I could PM it to you if you'd like.

Make a donation