Original poster
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia

So Modern Vintage Gamer does the Xbox community another favour, one in the line of many. Basically, he took the unreleased Freefall 3050AD and fixed lots of bugs, cuts enes, etc, and released it freely with the blessing of the original developer. The download link is the description over at YouTube.

KGRAMR

Registered
May 30, 2019
I was honestly surprised to see that there was a Steam reléase of Freefall 3050 A.D., no less an unreleased XBOX version of the game. Pretty cool gift from MVG. Fun fact: Scott Le Grand, best known for his work on the elusive BattleSphere for the Atari Jaguar, worked on the original NUON release. How you may ask? It used his custom OpenGL engine for the console. This is his comment after posting on a Facebook group, where i asked him if he previously knew about this version's existence...
FF3050ADslg.png

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
In a world full with lawyers and copyrights, it's really nice to see how the original creator "just" gives the OK to a really talented fan to finalize an unreleased project. Great video also, I like how MVG shows the history of the game and part of the work involved to get it up and running smoothly.

Getta Robo

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Getta Robo
AG Join Date
Sep 29, 2008
MVG is an amazing fellow, he's doing a terrific job on his youtube channel and he's always being helpful to the community. Kudos!

Solotaire

Registered
May 30, 2019
What a great little title to be on the console, at the very least its been freed from the Nuon!

Make a donation