Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

My Recently Aquired Console Stuff. *UPDATED*

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
Heres a Quick Video i did of the Gameplay today :)

Sorry for the Low Quality Video , it was because of RetroArch since it didn't let me Record through Windows Video Recorder​

Reactions: Deleted member 6709

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
Hi just wanted to give an Update Real quick.

Sorry for not having posted this Build yet , but i want to re-rip it with a Plextor Drive (DICUI and all) first. So that this Build can be posted to Redump and Hiddenpalace.

I'm right now eyeing a Plextor PX-760A for 25€. Probably a Good Investment for the Future if i get my Hands on more Prototypes :)

I have done some research on Preview / Prototype Builds of Lost Vikings 2 / Norse by Norsewest and it seems like this Disc is the Only in Existence right now.

As the Sega Saturn Prototype popped up in UK (with the recent OG Group Buy) and this one Popped up in Germany and already went through the Hands of another Collector some Years ago , i assume that this Disc also originated in the UK aswell.

Also a good sidenote is , that there is no Beta of this Game in existence as it is a DOS Port (just like the Sega Saturn Build is too).

Reactions: Deleted member 6709

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
Originally i wanted to Update the Whole Thread with New DSLR Pictures that i made with my Canon EOS 500D , but for some reason it doesnt let me Edit the First Post and so on... So i'll just Update everything here.

I've rarely had any Time to Update this Thread because of my Private Life taking Time and Resources , things like becoming a Dad and having my first Crib to live in. But now i do. So i've snapped some New Pictures and i have a New Addition to my Collection which is a PAL Sony Playstation 3 FAT CECHC-04 (MTK) - with a GLOD , which i want to Fix Up.

As you can see in the Pictures it barely has any Dust what so ever , has been in Service but those "Experts" couldnt find out what's wrong. HDMI gives out Garbled Mess but System Side Works perfect as far as i could Test (It does go into Recovery , and Sony Bootup Sound was hearable. It's nice and Quiet so no Overheating. Seller gave me a NOS CECHC-04 BD-Drive too. And the Sony PS3 Remote + The Manual was included too which is nice. Always wanted one :)

Could it be a Dead RSX or Dead HDMI IC Chip?!

Anyways i do have to do More Tests first to exactly tell what's wrong with it.
Giving it a Try with my Multi AV-Cable to see if AV Side is still working... Wish me Luck! :D

IMG_2844.jpg

LEFT : CECHC-04 / RIGHT : CECHG-04

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

Side By Side

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2870.jpgIMG_2852.jpg

Haven't Opened it yet , but looks Dust Free.

Reactions: Digmac

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
So i did some Tests , and it Turns Out that its probably Bad Tokin/NEC Caps and/or Cracked BGA Solderballs - we'll See If i get it working Theres a 50% Chance that i do.

Otherwise itll be more Complicated (De-Lidding and 40nm RSX Transplant would be the way to Go)

Still System Side everythings Working Sound and all.

EDIT: AV Multi Out also Displays Garbage. Weirdly enough Light Pressure from above Changes the Pattern of the Garbage thats Displayed. 🤔 Cracked Solder Joints right?​

Last edited:

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
As Luck will have it , i got a "Cookie" COK-002 CECHC-04 that wasn't repaired yet and it wasnt ever opened. No Dust in any of the Components which is so weird.

Did someone buy this thing New when it was released and it stopped working weeks after? It certainly looks like it.

All Tokin/NECs Still installed not Changed. Thermal Paste was the First One?! as far as it Looks to me.

Just Weird.

IMG_3052.jpg
IMG_3054.jpg
IMG_3057.jpgIMG_3072.jpg
IMG_3084.jpgIMG_3091.jpgIMG_3096.jpgIMG_3100.jpgIMG_3103.jpg

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
Through some thorough looking i have found Out that the "Repair Shop" Just was Reflowing the HDMI Port and then did nothing else. Is it possible that they Just didnt know what to Look for in 2007? Right now im assuming actual YLOD and Dead RSX because of the Artifacting.

Means i'd have to rip my G-04 apart to salvage the RSX from it, which i wont do.
I am rather going to buy some random Cheap Working G-04 for Parts and then its Up to Luck to find someone that replaces and reflows the RSX for me.

Sucks that i dont have a Rework Station.

Any suggestions? 😅

Antviau

Registered
May 17, 2020
AGName
Antviau
Can never be a bad thing to have a rarer version of something that's already rare.

Reactions: n99k3d

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
A quick update right here , it is indeed a Fried RSX - now ive made some Contacts with some Guys in Germany that might be able to build me a Frankenphat. But the Price to pay for probably wont be minimalistic 😅 Would be cool anyways and thats why im buying myself a Random G-04 (or 3004 Slim) to Salvage the RSX from and then transplant it to my Cookie.

A While ago there has been a Extensively Detailed Video released on YT about the RSX Frying backed by lots of Research from PSXPlace , and it seems to be the only Option for Reviving it. Will report back here if my Frankenphat is done , could take a Year or Two?

Shit i dont know haha 😂

But i refuse to let it go as i only paid 30€ for this C-04

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
Theres a New Addition to my Collection!

I scored a Rally Championship Press Kit with Promo DVD and Press Assets so far as google goes havent seen another one 👍🏼

20221219_112629.jpg

Going to post updates as soon as i have it 8n my Hands :)

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
SCi Rally Championship 2002 Press Kit / PR Kit Pictures
  • Complete PR Kit with Press Asset Disc
  • More Info in Post #2
IMG_3294-2.jpg
IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg
IMG_3300.jpg