Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Nanatsu no Hikan: Senritsu no Bishou aka Seven Mansions

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i just found only yesterday about this masterpiece of a game. better yet its already english patched:) its videos are in sfd format and english subtitles are intergraded inside them. but their downsample is very bad. i compared then using untouched gdi. the only downside of this game is it lacks vga. can a hack be made? i tryed forcing methods but no dice.

edit video pack relese
before the link let me tell you i preserve some things just in case someone wants to sub the videos on other language and 2 people coming in my mind @fafadou and @Pitito so i left my srt's in the download all you have to do is translate the texts and to intergrade them in the m1v you need an untouched source of the sfd's. convert sfd to m1v (movie only) and sfa (audio only) then the job can be done using ffmpeg.
drop in the ffmpeg folder the m1v and the matching srt and run this example command

ffmpeg -i M001_e0.m1v -vf subtitles=M001.srt -b:v 1.226M -minrate 1.226M -maxrate 1.226M -bufsize 1M M001.m1v

the generated M001.m1v now has the subs inside and using the SEGA Dreamcast Movie Creator the new sfd can be made. the values in the command -b:v 1.226M -maxrate 1.226M -minrate 1.226M are adjustable values. that needs to match the original m1v. use mediainfo to find out. not all videos have same bitrate and pixel/sec. if your generated m1v has higher bitrate than original just lower the -minrate value as much it needs. there is a problem though all the video ive made has exacly or liitle lower bitrate as the original the end size of the generated m1v is always smaller compared to original m1v, but the generated SFD is always higher in size, the end video pack size grow from 800mb original size to 810mb problem is the game is 6mb higher the size the gdrom can handle. without a second guess i downsample 2 ending videos to gain back those 6 mb and the gdi image can now created so

edit 2
ive manage to replack the videos whitch needed subs, without get out of space and without touching the other ones that do not need to be touched

here's the videos tested and working on real dc

Last edited:

corrigo

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
corrigo
AG Join Date
Mar 1, 2009
The VGA hack of this game is a long-running story. Some of the translators tried (Mr Green ranger, Mr Nobobdy), but no success.

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
yeah i suspect that much. anyway lets hope someone will to did it one day. exelent game by the way

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
If I remember he had done an update in gdi format with no downsample videoand probably other things.
But never released because Mr nobody is still waiting for VGA patch (by japanese_cake I guess)...:(

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
the downsample isnt bad ive seen worse, also the sfd videos will never be untouched for a translated game they will need subtitles. other things ive seen is the ip.bin is from another game weird, and there is no lba protection to the game files, ive taken the ip.bin from the untouched gdi enable the vga flag, change the japanese name to seven mansions binhack the 1st and ip bins to lba 11702 selfboot if via bootbreams and is playing, it will be a good game for winter. summer make me lazy to play

Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I tried it and it's a very good game, the result is great not only in winter ;-)
thanks to update this topic, I was waiting for the vga patch but I think I'll don't wait anymore.

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
yeah in the end a good game is a good game. vga hdmi are today things. we grew up playing on scart.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
looks like ive been wrong about videos been softly downsample THEY ARE MESS i contact mrnobody if he can release the sfds with subs and without downsample for proper gdi but no response till now. so ive done it my self check first post

Reactions: fafadou

KAGE-008

Dec 17, 2020
Full version of the patch is now available. You can't make it work by rebuilding the game as GDI though, it'll result in a crash.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
did you did the binhack? this game has only 1st bin lba protection nothing more. also ive update the riddles in game to work in correct wat is that in the version you say as well? if not i have to include my patches

KAGE-008

Dec 17, 2020
did you did the binhack? this game has only 1st bin lba protection nothing more. also ive update the riddles in game to work in correct wat is that in the version you say as well? if not i have to include my patches
Well I tried binhacking the 1ST_READ file with LBA 11702 (tried with 45000 as well), using the IP.BIN from original Japanese GDI after extracting it. Repackaged the patched GDI with GDIBuilder. Didn't work.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
ive made it work but still some riddle puzzles are given away as before. looks like i have to use some of my made files. heres how to make it work extract the original japanese gdi overwrite the original files either from the uncompressed folder for gdi or compressed folder for cdi use the 1st bin from either compressed or uncompressed folder and take the ip.bin too and use binhack to lba 45000 then use the original ip.bin to create the new english patched gdi

Reactions: KAGE-008

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
thats why i upload the srt as well for people like you to make it easier to translate and inject them to sfds. although. now that the patch team improve further some things i need to redo some riddles to be more hardcore. i cant stand such games to give away pass codes. and the original japanese sure doent did that.
edit ok the second riddle in the microbiological lab is updated by the team. no more give away but the first riddle with reina on phone is still give away. if you want challenge replace the appropriate file from the one in my upload (SRTS included for translation in other language in the videos)

Last edited:

SnowyAria

Dec 19, 2020
Hey, translator here! I'd like to confirm that the phone puzzle you mentioned is that way in the original:

&rさっき解読した数字は\n4242288\nだったわね

and

&r27番目から33番目は\n「GAGAATT」か…&pこれを数字に\n当てはめると\n……&p「4242288」に\nなるのね
&rきっとどこかで\n必要な暗号よ

We fixed the other puzzles and left that one as was intended in the Japanese.

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
hello @SnowyAria very clever the microbiology lab riddle you put it took me time to solve it. in the y1 file of the original japanese game the code is mention as you say. but during gameplay this line is not showing in the game. i will check the original again. maybe i got wrong.

edit looks like when i first check original didnt pass some events thats why i didnt see the phone riddle is given away too. i check it now and indeed is given away in the original too. any proggress on the vga hack?

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowyAria

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Someone have a gdi of the game please ?
Thanks for all your work.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Ok I'll read it Closer if I want to inject subtitles in videos.

Well done :)

Make a donation