Donator
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
Donations
£8.57
AGName
bunkertheme
AG Join Date
Greetings. A Nano project build for xbox360 was released to public back in June, which has content from 2011, but was compiled in 2015. Also a GOW3 beta was leaked in January, which contained -probably- the same Nano project content, but it was stripped down from the project backup. I'm working on a Samaritan demo remake, which was presented at GDC 2011. Later that techdemo content was used up for Nano project, thats why we see lots of similar buildings, signs, textures in the released Nano build. Luckily EPIC released many of the original content already in ShowdownVR, Infiltrator, ContentExamples free projects. Those gave me the boost to start to
work on it.

TLDR:
I'm looking for (to buy, trade or exchange) any Nano content from that era. I'm not really interested in source code, because I'm working on UE4, but old upk packages with assets (models, textures, materials) which could help me recreate the Sam demo as close to the original as possible are my main target.

To show a small portion of my progress, here is a screenshot showing the main area of Samaritan demo, on which I've been working on since June on UE4. I exported almost all frames from the original video, and tried to remake the area very similar. Already spent a lot on finding modelers who help me remodel assets from crappy screens and video segmens, but it became my passion, and since it's currently not possible to see the original material, this is the closest thing we can have.

I hope someone who knows more will see my post...

AScreenShot00271.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony817

bunkertheme

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
Donations
£8.57
AGName
bunkertheme
AG Join Date
Managed to recover the original "DC Capitol" background (after searching for a couple of days, Ive found the original image in a 2003 official electronic paper about light pollution stored at DC Memorial Library Archives which was probably used as well by Epic) and with some photoshopping with mates, we were able to make it very (99%) similar to the original one.

Here is a quick shot:
ScreenShot00114.png

Even though the remake is almost finished (and looks very close to the original), I'd still love to see the original, and seeing the articles on vgleaks, its out there in the wild.

Last edited:

Make a donation